A lifelong friend and me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Hello

I haven't been great this last week and work is mega busy as Covid-19 hits -even out in more rural places it has began. We had a lady who's sister had returned from Wuhan before the lock down and now she is unwell....the test takes a few days, but we also have a positve Covid-19 on another patient. My hope of it fizzling out was a false one.

I have had huge moments of doubt over the last week about all of what has happened and looking at mum last week as she was tired and not who she was before made me quite teary and I did ask myself 'what have I done?' -could we have carried on at home? The answer is no, but as this whole situation moves further on, things are hitting me harder now than when I first took mum to the CH. It is indeed an insidious path to walk, because no matter which way you turn it doesn't help. Care homes are the best of a bad situation in the end.

As with everything else I am still battling -rehoming is not going to be easy and I have warned my manager that this may yet again mean another crisis on the work front, but she was very supportive and said to keep her up to speed and let her know if things escalate.

Waiting to hear from the MP as I have raised the my current difficulties with her not just re-homing but also how the Care Act 2014 does not cover equity release etc, but with Covid-19 it may be a while before I get a response

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Sorry to hear you haven’t had a great week. I have no words really, everything you said is right . Just hope things work out better for you . Take care . X

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Well its looking like things are beginning to get busy in the health service and I now can't take the risk of visiting mum anymore...just as things are bad they get worse. We have had one confirmed and one suspected Covid-19 while I was on duty. Incubation for virus is outside of 24 hours, so I took the opportunity of going to see her before deciding that I shouldn't anymore for now.

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
I want to add my thanks and appreciation for everything the NHS are doing and will do in the future. Should I catch this wretched virus, I hope someone as nice and caring as you looks after me.,

Pete1

Jul 16, 2019
That's really difficult for you @Palerider I'm sure. I'm guessing Mum isn't able to communicate very well via the 'phone (I know my Mum struggled with that as the dementia got worse). I wish you all the best. Take care of yourself.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
You really are being hit on all sides. You already have lots of issues to deal with and now because of your work you are unable to visit your Mum which is so sad

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Well its looking like things are beginning to get busy in the health service and I now can't take the risk of visiting mum anymore...just as things are bad they get worse. We have had one confirmed and one suspected Covid-19 while I was on duty. Incubation for virus is outside of 24 hours, so I took the opportunity of going to see her before deciding that I shouldn't anymore for now.
i'm so sorry Simon that life is so difficult for you at this moment in time. The care home issues are horrendous & getting CHC package is a process which should be quicker but what with SS & other "processes" that need to be followed (apparently !) it's over complicated & fails those at times who are most in need.

I'm so sorry that you have the latest national issues on top of everything.
i've just started to surface after a nervous breakdown - Aged Mothers now been prescribed patches we are at the "quality of life not quantity phase" so now back to numbness & sleeping a lot on my part- a luxury not many have. So i count myself blessed!

Take care
(((((((((hugs))))))))

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
I would expect some form of lock down in the health service very soon in order to try and protect the most vulnerable.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Thanks everyone.

Yesterday was eerily quite as I think many people have realised to stay away from hospitals unless necessary, the corridors weren't as full of the usual day to day hussle of people visiting their loved ones.

Driving home last night I was listening to Radio 4 and a Prof from Oxford Univeristy who was saying that the true figure in terms of number of infected people is probably around the 10,000 mark at the moment and obviously it will carry on its natural course through the population.

Ironically as I was walking down the corridor at work I got a call -mums care home has had an outbreak of diarrhoea and is closed to visitors. This means the CHC funding assessment due today is also cancelled. But now I don't feel too bad about not being able to see her -there are small mercies in odd ways.

Covid-19 has now put a stop to any progress with the situation here in terms of sorting matters -I was hoping I could things respolved quickly, but thats unlikely now.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Interesting point about people staying away from hospitals.

Hopefully A & E will not be overburdened with the usual bunch of drunks and time wasters. Same with GPs.

Small merices indeed.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Interesting point about people staying away from hospitals.

Hopefully A & E will not be overburdened with the usual bunch of drunks and time wasters. Same with GPs.

Small merices indeed.

Yes really important that peole do stay away if possible so they don't bring in infection and also don't leave with one.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Today I went shopping and to my disgust all the Heinz tomato soup has gone off the shelves as well as other essential items. Is it really necessary to buy so much tinned soup in the advent of Covid-19??? And God knows what people are going to do with their stash of baked beans and toilet rolls -the mind boggles!! I can see that toilet roll may well be needed with such large consumption of baked beans?

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
i've just started to surface after a nervous breakdown - Aged Mothers now been prescribed patches we are at the "quality of life not quantity phase" so now back to numbness & sleeping a lot on my part- a luxury not many have. So i count myself blessed!

Take care
(((((((((hugs))))))))

I'm not far behind you @DesperateofDevon, infact its safe to say I nearly had a break down when the letter arrived from the LA and seemed very one sided, I felt unwell all week and still not sure how I kept going. I was hoping the CHC assessment would go ahead yesterday but it was cancelled as the CH had an outbreak of diarrhoea.

There is no end to this once we start walking the path, which of course I have done willingly and out of love for my mum, but boy don't we get shot down once we no longer are seen to have a purpose from the state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabream