A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
I'm sorry your visit was so upsetting Sylvia.

Hopefully it was just one of those days and the next visit will be a happier one.

Love xx

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Hello Sylvia,

You are incredible factual about all this and I hope you can tell yourself that it really is just one of those days. How hard though and most of us would feel badly rejected, but you apper to cope so well.

I am really sorry this happened today, no doubt you will phone the care home later and find Dhiren is settled, eating well and happy with his various companions.

The bonus is that you feel happy to walk away from him knowing how well he is cared for and have every faith that the home can cope with Dhiren when he is at his "worst".

Hope you have a peaceful evening and that the the next visit will be completely different with a happy and positive feeling to it.

Love x

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
It really is one of those days for you Sylvia. You know that your next visit may be completely different! My older son has been chatting on the phone to my mother who has put the wind up him about Ken. Last time she visited Ken she cried when she saw him as he has changed quite a lot.

I've tried to explain to elder son how 'up and down' Ken is and that he might travel all this way up here to find him much better. I hope so as son is travelling up after helping his wife to put the twins to bed, will arrive at midnight, sleep overnight at mine and then see his dad and travel all the way back to his home tomorrow afternoon.

It is so difficult to predict how they will behave from day to day (even hour to hour) and so very sad for us to see it. I hope that you have a much better visit next time.

Can I ask how much did it cost to have your computer updated to Windows 7? As you know my computer is quite new (just over a year old) but like you I have never liked Vista. Did you take it to that well known chain to have the job done?

xxTinaT

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It cost £130 Tina , £90 for the Update and £40 for installation and was installed by Learn Direct, where I`m on an IT Course.
I was given a Carer`s Grant to have it done. The Grant was given a few months ago but events took over.
I haven`t had time or interest to see if it`s made a difference yet Tina.

Thanks everyone for your support after today`s upset.
I can`t understand myself but I`m absolutely distraught.
It is not a feeling of rejection, I`m sure of that, I`ve had far worse in the past.
I`ve been in tears most of the afternoon while listening to CDs: Les Miserables and a couple of Michael Ball`s at full blast.
I`ve also finished a book, The Lovely Bones.
No cup cakes, I`m not hungry, and that`s significant in itself as I usually comfort eat.
It will wear off in time I know. Meanwhile I`ll just give in to my feelings and hide in a corner.

Love xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Sylvia,

flowers%20003_640x480.jpg

Some flowers to coax you out of the corner :)

Sending you love and hugs.

xx

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
sorry you have had such a bad day sylvia come on get out of that corner hope these can tempt you love larivy

Attachments

• 3181703142_0a3c85b160[1].jpg
    3181703142_0a3c85b160[1].jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 359

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Sylvia, I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you. This regression to child like must be very difficult to handle. You don't think he's coming down with something, do you?

twinone

May 19, 2008
england
Dear Sylvia

I am so sorry that both you and Dhiren have had a bad day today.

I hope tomorrow is better for both of you.

Love
Janet

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
. You don't think he's coming down with something, do you?
I doubt it Jennifer.
This is what I lived with regularly at home but I`ve been lulled into a state of false security with such a positive behaviour change since Dhiren went into the home.
I was used to it, now I`m not, so it had a bigger effect on me.
I`m OK now. Thanks Folks. :)

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sorry Sylvia. I have just read your thread and feel so sad for you. I hope tomorrow is better for you. Izzy x

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Sorry to hear Dhiren was searching for his mother and the effect not being able to produce her had on you. You're quite right though - once an AD person gets an idea in his or her head, it can be impossible to change that track of thinking. You did the best thing by going away.

uselessdaughter

Jun 8, 2009
West Country
Dear Sylvia

So sorry you are having such an awful time. As you say you have been a little cushioned from it all since Dhiren has been in the home. You have been so strong for so long it is inevitable, unfortunately, that sometimes it must get too much. Sending you love, hugs and strength. I often think of you. I hope your next visit will not be so traumatic.

Linda

benny

Dec 7, 2009
Central Coast NSW
Yes I too always thinking bout you Sylvia not sure if its morning
or night right now but hope you had/have a good night sleep and tomorrow is a better day love and hugs to you x x Robyn PS I went to see the stage show yesterday"Calender Girls" and it was wonderful, funny and sad all in 1.I am inspired to get our over 45's football team to do one and raise awareness for AD!!!!!!!!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Robyn :)

I went to see the stage show yesterday"Calender Girls" and it was wonderful, funny and sad all in 1.I am inspired to get our over 45's football team to do one and raise awareness for AD!!!!!!!!

If you do, we want a link. :D

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Paul`s visit.

When Paul went to see Dhiren today there was no memory of yesterday from Dhiren and no mention of his mother, although the carers told Paul all about it.

Paul took Dhiren to his room and closed the door. They were chatting when Dhiren asked Paul who where the people walking up and down outside his door.
In the time it took to move Dhiren from sitting room to bedroom, he had forgotten about the sitting room and had no concept of the home he was in.

Paul is concerned about Dhiren`s weight loss. I have read so much about weight loss on TP, but still I will ask on Tuesday about his intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.