A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
He`s still not home. I`m expecting the phone to ring, if I`m lucky. He has ID on him but if he`s in a state he won`t realize.
Will just have to sit tight.

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Hi Sylvia

Sounds like you're having a crappy morning so far. What on earth do you do when Dhiren goes off on one? Are you the sort to be paralysed or do you keep busy?? I can imagine that you feel resentful - where has your life gone? I bet you must sometimes forget what life was like when you didn't have to worry about someone 24/7. I really hope he comes back, settles into a sleep so that you can just relax and do your own thing. I still think you're great regardless of how you feel. Feelings are just feelings but the fact is you are caring, open and generous regardless of how you feel.

Love Helen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Hazel, I will.

Helen,
This has been the story of my life since AD reared its` ugly head.
I hoped he`d have grown out of it over the winter, when he was virtually housebound, but chance would be a fine thing.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Sylvia,
Here's hoping he'll be home soon. I'll be thinking of you & checking in for the good news when he gets home.

He'll probably have his bad mood walked off by then.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Me again, Sylvia..

Do you think he's gone to the Railway Station..could you phone them
to see?

It must be awful sitting waiting..

Love Gigi xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
He is home. A white delivery van pulled up and he got out without a backwards glance, as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

I ran out, the driver had picked him up about a mile away. He said he was looking lost and confused. He knew his address.

He has forgotten there has been any conflict and is chatting about this kind man who gave him a lift home.

He told me this is the third time he has been given a lift home by kind people. It`s news to me.

Thank you for your concern.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Phew, Sylvia, what a relief!

Thank goodness for White Van Man - I knew he had to be useful for something!

I hope Dhiren is not too chilled, and none the worse for his adventure. Brilliant that he remembers his address.

Love,

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Thank goodness!

Glad he's come to no harm..sounds like he's had an adventure!

He is so vulnerable though..Sylvia.

At least the war is over for now...

Love Gigi xx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Sylvia,
I'm so glad it was resolved reasonably quickly.

That wonderful line from "Streetcar Named Desire" came to my head as I read your post "I have always depended on the kindess of strangers". It is heartening to realize that there are so many good people in this world.

Much love,

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Hi Sylvia

Thank goodness. Hopefully you can get some time to recover because he's home doesn't mean that the experience has just disappeared for you.

Anyway phew!!!

Love Helen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
He is still very low and I haven`t a clue what`s going on in his mind.
I made a drink and took it into him. As I entered the room, he hid his wallet from me. I asked him not to hide things from me, and he shrugged.
So once again I have had to leave him alone as I think my presence is irritating him.
Thank goodness there`s football tonight and Paul is coming round. he should be OK after that.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
He came to me.

D `How far is it to Manchester?`
S `300 miles.`
D `It`s a long way.`
S `We`ll go in the summertime.`
D `I`m going tomorrow. Can you tell me the shortest way.`
S `I`m sorry, I can`t help you.`

And then he went out again, in his slippers. And then he came back.
And I asked if he wanted to eat, thinking an early dinner will distract him, and he said he does.
I asked if I could help him and he said all he wants is to go to Manchester. This is not his home.
I said it is his home and I`m his wife. And he said he knows that and he might come back.

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Hi Sylvia

I am so relieved that he is home.

here's hoping that you have a more restful evening

mameeskye

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Hope this is not going to stress you , me saying this but I am just thinking of forward planing

As I am wondering would you not consider getting a tracking device so you could see where Dhiren go on a computer ? in case in the future he gets into another mood & walks out on his own he could forget where he lives or lose his ID & tells them he lives in Manchester .

I do hope with your son coming around will distract his mind of going to Manchester , so you can get some rest of mind xx

Last edited:

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Hello Margarita

I hope you don't mind but had a fit of the giggles when I read your post about the tracking device. I pictured one of those nature programmes where they put one of those big collars round wild animals and then spend goodness knows how long walking round the jungle or wherever holding a radar scanner. I can just see Sylvia walking round the streets listening to the beeps!!! In fact I'm still giggling at the prospect.

Love Helen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thanks Maggie.

Dhiren has his phone number, name and the fact he is Diabetic and has Alzheimers on his key ring. He has an ID card in his wallet. He never goes out with out his key ring or his wallet.

I think a tracking device would drive me up the wall. And if it` beeps` I wouldn`t hear it, I don`t hear `beeps`, too high frequency.

There is only so much I can do. I know the station won`t sell him any tickets and the bank won`t give him any money, so he will be confined to this area, if not this house.

Now he has gone for another walk, still in his slippers.

Last edited:

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Sylvia,

Dhiren is very restless again..I wondered if the changing of the clocks had anything to do with it? Not that it helps you any..

but Eric has been uncharacteriscally grumpy and dissatisfied..in fact I've just come back..he couldn't remember where we used to live so I put him in the car and took him and showed him.It didn't really help..because he still didn't remember living there...

He now firmly believes that his memory is bad because "they" stopped him driving...

And at least he won't go out walking alone..You're doing all you can for Dhiren..I hope Paul's visit distracts him for a while..and you can have some peace..

Love Gigi xx

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I think a tracking device would drive me up the wall. And if it` beeps` I wouldn`t hear it, I don`t hear `beeps`, too high frequency.

lol , Sorry just wondering why it would have to be set up to beep . I just thought you look up where they are on the computer, when your worry about where they have got it .

Status
Not open for further replies.