A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
I know it`s all relative Alfjess. So far Dhiren has managed to avoid the bizarre.....so far.

Slyvia
Long may it continue.

It is all relative, every stage at the time seems to be the worst and then ------

As long as you can cope, more power to your elbow! Dhiren is a lucky mam

Love
Alfjess

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
Reading your threads makes me wonder whether it's better or worse if the sufferer is aware of their condition.

I'm so pleased that Mum is totally unaware of her condition. She was always so nicely dressed, hair done weekly, and took pride in her appearence. How truly awful if she was aware of how she looked now.

Libs

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
How truly awful if she was aware of how she looked now.

On a positive note , they do say looks don't count, Only say that because I was never been one to have my hair done ever week nor was mum , all I do is have a shower even hair dry natural don't even bush hair :eek:wash go , stick on any thing that wash clean [lier lier ]

now am thinking no wonder I
applied to go on '' look good Naked '' :D

How Dhiren getting on today Slyvia

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Attachment 2174 - NB This link is no longer available

Here we are at our first AS Christmas Lunch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Sadly most of the men were the cared for, whilst the women, as carers were trying to help them enjoy themselves. The men started with hats on, but soon took them off.

The chocolate figures are burning a hole through my cupboard door. ;)

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Sylvia: that is a lovely photo of you both. Dhiren looks remarkably content to be having his photo taken (I am envious as my D just does not respond well to it).

Was this at the day centre?

Thanks for sharing Love Jan

germain

Jul 7, 2007
Lovely picture

Hello

What a lovely picture and so nice to be able to see the faces behind the names !

Regards
Germain

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Yes what a lovely Smile on both of you Such a lovely photo of both of you , also must add Dhiren is good looking ;) :)

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Sylvia

What a lovely photo, you both look to be enjoying yourselves, hope you did.

It is so nice to be able to put faces to names. Now when you write about yourself or Dhiren, I can picture you
Love
Alfjess

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Hi Sylvia,

What a terrific photo. Great proof that your efforts to attend the local AS sessions have paid off.

Dhiren looks so well and happy in this photo - a real credit to what you have been able to acheive as a couple coping with a devastating condition.

Photos can be an interesting way of noticing how someone with dementia is relating to the outside world. If they take notice of the camera and look happy, or remember that they are supposed to at least look happy (shades of Christmas functions soon to come), it can mean that they're still fairly connected at that point in time. Some people have what I have once seen described as the passive gaze, like lions looking across the savanah, which can indicate that the process of taking a photo is no longer something that means anything to them.

Nice to see you two looking so 'connected'.

Take care,

Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.