A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Good idea Sandy

I could get him to clean and polish the leather ones.

It`s the suede ones that are the problem. He has new suede shoes, with a velcro fastening, as he`s having problems with laces. He loves these shoes and is worried they are getting dirty. He wants to wash them.
I must remember to buy some suede cleaner and a brush. We did have them but they have mysteriously vanished.

All this is reminding me of the Green Clarks Shoe Box that disappeared ages ago. It never turned up......must be in the ether with the wallet and the £200.

It must have started then.........

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Will people do do say that you can tell what a person is like from the shoes they wear. seem Dhiren and all your husband , must of taken pride in there shoes and themselves.

With my mother its her Lipstick. I have to make sure mum got her lipstick in her bag all the time, as something she can go week on end not remembering to put it on then all of sudden she wants to wear it . With the stress of every day life I forget also to remind her to put it on, so now I am getting to the point that if mum remembers herself . I am pleased

Glad the shoes are giving Dhiren a sense of satisfaction.

So am I

Last edited:

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Sylvia when you mentioned Dirhen cleaning his suede shoes it just brought back an amusing incident in Istanbul, TRev was wearing brand new very expensive blue suede shoes, which he loved, as we came out of the hotel small shoe shine child approached Trev with shoe brush in hand and before Trev could protest he had set to cleaning them with brown shoe polish, can still visulize the look on Trevs face, i laughed so much i actually tipped the child and he went on his was happy. hope not to bore you all with my memories, seem to be living my life in the past at the moment. Pam

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Pam

I love these little stories, they bring our people to life.

I can just imagine the look of horror on Trev`s face. :eek:

PS Since we`ve been swapping shoe stories I keep looking at my tag line and feeling how apt it is.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I nipped out to the shops.

When I got home Dhiren asked, `When you went out, did you leave me by myself or was someone with me? `

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
When I have gone out I get back, sometimes my mother says to me “haven’t you gone yet?

what did you answer as I am wonder what Dhiren reaction was when you answers him?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Maggie

Dhiren asked, `When you went out, did you leave me by myself or was someone with me? `

I told him I had left him by himself.
He seemed puzzled.
I asked if he thought someone else was here with him.
He was not sure but he thought there was.
I asked if he was frightened.
He said he wasn`t.
I said as long as he wasn`t frightened there was nothing to worry about.
He agreed, but was still puzzled.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Sylvia...

It may be a long shot...

But perhaps there is now a window of opportunity to introduce a sitter?....

I told him I had left him by himself.
He seemed puzzled.
I asked if he thought someone else was here with him.
He was not sure but he thought there was.

Just a thought....:)

Love gigi xx

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
You do so well Sylvia. It must be hard at the moment judging the fine line. Can he be left? Can't he be left? You must be on pins whilst you are away.

I was working and used to leave Ken alone all day. But then so many strange things kept happening to him and then suddenly - even worse, wham-bang! I couldn't leave his side at all! You enjoy your little 'nips out and back quick' and I hope they can continue as sucessfully as today for a long time to come.

xxTinaT

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello gigi and Tina

It may be a long shot...
But perhaps there is now a window of opportunity to introduce a sitter?....
Great minds think alike. It occurred to me too. Maybe not quite yet, but certainly coming.

Thanks Tina.
I still have a fair amount of freedom, am not yet tied in all day and every day. I can leave Dhiren for two hours and he`s fine.
Our bungalow is so small, there`s no way I`d be able to stay at home if I had a sitter, and I do not want to have to go out to order.

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
My bungalow is also very small, and filled with my clothes at the moment. I'm fiddling around, trying to get a whole summer wardrobe into a suitcase. Oh well, I suppose I will have to 'cull' yet again.

I'm very, very glad that you can get out for a wee while. As I said, please do make the most of it whilst you can. Sitters are a very good idea.

I listen to 'The Archers' and I think they covered this topic very well a few weeks ago. They delved into the problem of Jack ( suffering from AD) and his wife Peggy needing a sitter and all the ramifications this brought to the surface including the giult feelings of Peggy that no one else could manage poor Jack as well as she herself could.

xxTinaT

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I wouldn`t have an ounce of guilt if Dhiren would stay with a sitter, I`d be overjoyed.
But knowing the person he is, in character with the person he was, he would have to be either immobile or docile before I would take a chance to leave him.
I could not face the upset, nor could I face the fall out.
But it will come.

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Through your pictures of him, I'm sure he would not, at this moment in his life, take to a sitter kindly. Ken was not very nice to Richard, the helper we had. However Richard's skin was quite thick and it never seemed to bother him that Ken scowled at him and was, to put it mildly, sulky with him.

xxTinaT

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s been a good day.......................

No sundowning.
No moon mission.
No sorting shoes.
No going home.
No `funny head.`
No worry about Obama taking over the world.
No lost purse.
No worry about money.

Please can we have an England match every day.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Fabulous news, Sylvia!:)

Would Dhiren know if you played him videos of matches? Yes, I suppose he would, as he still reads the paper!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It was nothing to do with the match really. He has had some very bad evenings when matches have been played. If only it were that simple.
It has just been a good day and I haven`t questioned it, just enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.