A huge and grateful Thank You to you all.

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
My Dementia journey ended yesterday afternoon, with the passing of MiL.
The journey started some 15 years ago, with my father, amusing little memory lapse's, lose of skills, not going out, not washing or changing clothes, entry into Care, (which he enjoyed greatly, and should have gone into earlier.) Then both inlaws.

During fathers time I found this forum, you have all been far more helpful than I can say, with practical advice, common sense guidance, and humorous stories, the one I recall best is the person who "only had the one" one glass of wine. Complained of bad head and stomach, GP found nothing, sent them to hospital for tests, no problem found, indeed after a couple days, fit as a flea!
It was found the person enjoyed a glass of wine in the evening, but couldn't remember having one, so had another.....
Thankfully neither drink or smoking have been problems for me, in all I have had an easy journey, compared to most of you.

Non of this would have been as easy, without my partner Anne, beside me, those who are battling on alone, or against family, you have my greatest admiration.

I've tried to give what advice I can in this forum, hopefully it has helped, as least some, to make sense of their situation.

Signing off, with grateful thanks to you all.

Bod.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m so sorry for your loss @Bod. Sending my condolences and wishing you strength.

I’m glad you have found the forum so supportive. Please remember we’re always here for you as move through the grieving process.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Please accept my condolences @Bod . I did not even know your MIL was at end of life and I feel humbled that you continued giving advice right up to the end.

Please be at peace yourself now
xxx

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
My condolences on your loss @Bod.

I am glad that you have found the forum helpful and supportive down the years. Thank you for the help and support you have given others during that time too - the ability to share and learn from each other's experiences is what makes the forum the success that it is.

Wishing you and your family well going forwards - and remember, we are always here if you need us.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Please accept my condolences @Bod.

`It doesn`t surprise me how helpful you found Dementia talking Point but so thoughtful of you to post about the support you have received.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
@Bod I’m sorry to read your sad news, please accept my sincere condolences and sending strength for the coming days.

Please remember the forum is still here with support for you as you grieve, take care.