A Hug

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
A hug to everyone who needs one this Christmas morning.

Some of you may be remembering how Christmas mornings used to be before our loved ones were troubled by this awful disease.

Some of you, like me, may be suffering more than usual this morning, because it's Christmas. Maybe we hoped for a little bit of Christmas cheer where there wasn't any.

Some of you may be struggling because your loved ones are no longer at home with you this Christmas.

A hug to all of you.

Vic10

Feb 18, 2017
And to you.
Thank you.
Let’s make sure our Christmas is as good as it can be for everyone.

Fullticket

Apr 19, 2016
Chard, Somerset
A big hug to everyone caring for their loved ones today. This is all in the past for me and I respect and admire you for what you are doing and will continue to do.

dancer12

Jan 9, 2017
Mississauga

Some of you may be remembering how Christmas mornings used to be before our loved ones were troubled by this awful disease.

Some of you, like me, may be suffering more than usual this morning, because it's Christmas. Maybe we hoped for a little bit of Christmas cheer where there wasn't any.

Some of you may be struggling because your loved ones are no longer at home with you this Christmas.

A hug to all of you.

A hug to all of you.
Hi jenniferjean:

Thanks for the hug, sending one hug too you also. The holidays are always the worst

Just me

Nov 17, 2013
I logged in because I needed a virtual hug and I got one thanks jenniferjean and others

Here’s some more for those that need one x

Vitesse

Oct 26, 2016
Thank you all, I definitely needed that hug! I have just cooked the last Christmas dinner I shall ever cook!!! There are just the 2 of us, and I thought I would make the effort to make it a nice day! It took me all morning. I remember all the years when we did this between us, my husband getting the turkey in and out of the oven and carving while I sorted out the vegetables! Today, he doesn’t know it’s Christmas and we sat in silence eating the meal, then he slept and I washed up. I am so deflated and emotional! Thank goodness it’s over with

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you all, I definitely needed that hug! I have just cooked the last Christmas dinner I shall ever cook!!! There are just the 2 of us, and I thought I would make the effort to make it a nice day! It took me all morning. I remember all the years when we did this between us, my husband getting the turkey in and out of the oven and carving while I sorted out the vegetables! Today, he doesn’t know it’s Christmas and we sat in silence eating the meal, then he slept and I washed up. I am so deflated and emotional! Thank goodness it’s over with
all honour to you, Vitesse. I know about that deflated and emotional feeling. All fellow feeling. It's over with, as you say. Such a difficult time of year. I cannot get away from desperate sadness.
warmest, Kindred.

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
And a hug on it's way to you jenniferjean, and to anyone else who wants or needs one.

lilypat

Mar 1, 2019
Yorkshire
I too did everything that was required today .after we opened our gifts made us nice scramble eggs with smoked salmon, and even though it was only 1 hour since the gifts he thought it was boxing day . I too did the entire xmas lunch but think it will be the last one . As we were alone for the day it sort of was long ,we ended up going for 2 walks around our village.
Big hugs to all

Olliebeak

Sep 13, 2014
Buckinghamshire
Belated hugs from me too. I also mourned Christmases past and the way we used to just enjoy being together on Christmas morning before visiting family or having big Christmas lunches at our place. We went to my sons which was lovely but I spent the whole day knowing he would probably have been happier at home in his own routine. He would not have a drink or any supper when we got home and went to bed quite early. On the plus side I did get to watch Call the Midwife on catch up in peace!

cuppatea

Oct 28, 2016
South Wales
Hugs to all of you too. I brought my OH home from his care home for a few hours yesterday. I didn't do the full lunch, his appetite is poor anyway. I did Crispy Aromatic duck with pancakes, easy to eat. He didn't want Christmas pudding so I didn't bother either. He then slept on and off while I watched the Queen, then I took him back a bit later. Would have loved a walk but his mobility is poor so that's out We had the family here for Christmas last weekend but I still felt sad. Well done to you all for carrying on...

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
Thank you @jenniferjean for the nice post - hugs to you and everyone as well. We've made it through another Christmas, mine was better than I could have hoped for and I hope everyone else managed to have a good couple of days - but if it wasn't so great then at least we can all give a sigh of relief that it's over for another year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debbie1968