A happy moment

melly

Mar 1, 2008
I always believe that as there are so many sad times, it is so important to share anything good!

I have just taken my mum to the cinema to watch Mamma Mia and it is the best thing I have done in a long time! She has been saying that she would love to see it for a while although I was concerned that she wouldn't follow it and would get confused. Plus, I have mentioned before that I have been struggling to find a way to feel comfortable in communicating with her and spend so much of my time feeling guilty...Anyway...How wrong I was! It is such a simple and happy storyline and she LOVED every single second of it and I personally found the experience wonderful. It was amazing to feel myself bond with mum again and seeing her so happy gave me the best feeling in the world. I could hear her singing along with the songs and even laughed in all the right places!!!

She may not recall the film tomorrow, but I will always remember how happy she was tonight.

I am just about to order the CD and pre-order the DVD!

Love to everyone
xxx

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Melly, thanks for sharing that. There has been a lot of comment on TP about Mamma Mia, all of it good! Must order the DVD so that I can see it myself.

Attachments

• smiley at microphone.gif
    smiley at microphone.gif
    8 KB · Views: 226

jackie1

Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire
Your post really bought a smile to my face, thank you.

John came to the cinema with the boys and I the other day, it didn't have quite the same affect - maybe it was the choice of file - Wall-e :D

Love
Jackie

Last edited:

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Dear Melly

We are so glad that your Mum enjoyed the film.
I have booked it on DVD for my mum and Ron.
I will get them both up dancing.

Barb X

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Melly

That's great news. I am so pleased for you both. I know how you felt because I took my husband and I didn 't think he'd get much out of it but he did. He enjoyed it too.

I am so glad that you shared it with us. It's good to hear the nice things too.

Love

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
So glad your trip out with mum worked so well, Melly.

I'd defy anyone not to come out of that film smiling!

Love,

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Dear Melly,

I'm so glad your Mum enjoyed it. I can't wait for the DVD to come out. I did hear that some cinemas are having sing-along sessions which sounds wonderful. I wonder if the makers of the film know how much pleasure it is giving to so many people like us. It should be available on prescription, forget the anti-depressants!

Sally Preston

May 14, 2008
South Shields
Hi Melly, so glad you posted this, you've made up my mind, I watched this with my daughter and although my mam cannot follow much on the television any more I thought of her straight away as I watched it. She liked ABBA and I thought if she couldn't follow the film she might enjoy the music.

She has recently improved a great deal since being prescribed Aricept and I would love to take her to something different. At the end of the day we can always come out if it gets to be to much.

I'm looking forward to it already.

Thanks

Sally Preston