A happy day

kingybell

Feb 3, 2015
Spent today's lunch break with my mil and decided to help her with her apathy to everything.

Had a 60s cd in the car that my dad lent me a few weeks ago so decided to play it. She started singing at the top of her voice and saying I know these songs. She said I love these they remind of being a kid (she was born in 1958).

We drove around looking at new houses (we are looking at moving) singing our heads off and laughing.

An hr later I dropped her off, just phoned her and she doesn't know where we went, what we did but said I think I've had a nice day!

kingybell

Feb 3, 2015
It's about 10 miles away but can't get anyone to take her as its in the daytime.
She'd love it and so would I. I was considering setting something up early evening a bit nearer.

Suzanna1969

Mar 28, 2015
Essex
That's so lovely to hear! I do wish my Mum responded to music but she's never really been that interested even in her youth. I have bought her and Dad a double CD of 100 50s hits so I can stick that on next time I go round there. Dad really loves his music and maybe his enjoyment will rub off on her.

Mum does perk up when she gets new clothes though. I bought her a pair of Hotter sandals and it was lovely to watch as she took them out of the box. You'd have thought they were diamond encrusted Louboutins the way she was carefully turning them over and stroking them! That was a nice one for the memory bank.

kingybell

Feb 3, 2015
Exactly susanna. Days like this make a welcome change to some of the other bad days we have.

Your mum sounds like my kind of woman- I love shoes!

elizabet

Mar 26, 2013
Southampton
Cherish days like that and store them in your own memory bank.
I have happy memories of my late Mum - yes, I wish she was still here but sadly not.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynt68