A Greyt day out

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
I have been trying to make arrangements for boarding Knight, our greyhound ,whilst I am away at Majorca in April. To avoid feeding my wife's constant fear of the dog being stolen, I set up a 'chance' meeting yesterday with the lady who I hoped would be looking after the dog. We met her walking with two greyhounds and she played it very well as just a casual encounter. The wind was cold so when we were asked in for a coffee my wife accepted straightaway without any thought that it might have been contrived. At the house there were 2 more hounds.. After some initial greetings they all settled down. It was really good to see how easily the 5 dogs got on (other greyhound owners will not find that surprising). Knight seemed to fit in straightaway and I am confident and happy that he would settle overnight and for a longer stay.

I was very grateful to the lady for ensuring that my wife felt welcome and not threatened by being in a new situation (which can sometimes happen). The dogs also played their part and I’ll treasure the memory of my wife sitting relaxed on the sofa with a hound nuzzled up on each side.

A positive result from a Greyt day out.

Last edited:

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
Delighted to hear that the greyhound community has been able to help out. Maybe at a later date you can arrange a regular walk together?

C. With a greyhound and a Lurcher.