A Good Day

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Today was my anniversary and I went to spend the day at the home with my husband.
A few weeks ago we nearly lost him with an infection and so today was extra special.

It was more so because he was so awake and alert and even tried to take part in an afternoon of activities the home had arranged, he hummed along with the music, held the bells and was fixated with the colourful pom pom balls.
All this came about because we asked the doctor that because he was so ill could some of his medication be reduced as most of it is seditives, the doctor agreed to give it a try and the result has been amazing.
I am thankful we have a doctor who will listen to family and work with them.

I hope you all have a good weekend.
Love Roseann xx

tre

Sep 23, 2008
Herts
Dear Rosanne,
How wonderful to see such an uplifting post. It is so encouraging to see that it is possible for things to get a bit better
Love Tre

ggma

Feb 18, 2012
North Staffordshire
Congratulations on your Anniversary, so pleased you were able to have a good day with your husband and that he has recovered so well.

You never know what is round the corner - how lovely to hear of a good day

Thanks for posting.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Happy Anniversary Rose. It was, wasn`t it. :)

It`s so good to hear from you, especially with good news. xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hi Rose,
Its good to hear from you and such a lovely post. I was worried not hearing from you since John went through the nightmare that infections bring.

I am glad your anniversary was well spent and John enjoyed the day. How wise of you to bring up the reduction in medication with the Dr and good it worked out well.

Keep in touch. I like hearing how things are with you. (Let us know how that gorgoeus little dog of yours is getting along too?).
Best wishes

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Thanks to all who replied to my post.
I thought it would be good to post some good news for a change as I cannot believe that not so long ago I was preparing myself for the loss of my husband.

Jan that little dog of mine is the one thing that keeps me going, knowing thats shes there when I come home makes all the difference.:)
I hope you are keeping okay.
Love Roseann xx