A Good Day Today

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Hello

I just had to let you know that after all the worry we had with Mums throat and her being so distant lately that today was lovely.

The home had a garden party with an entertainer who played guitar and sang and Mum had a ball!!

She was doing the twist with me and singing along as best she could. For a couple of hours she came alive again and once even looked at me and said "thats my daughter Kathleen" that was worth more to me than winning the lottery, she looked so happy and so relaxed.

The staff were amazed how she came to life, they always play music there and keep them all as active as possible but today she excelled herself. I do love her.

A very happy Kathleen
xxx

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Happy Kathleen
so pleased that you have had a good day.
I f we can only get a good day here and there it helps.
I find with this illness this is a pattern,we get an awful day and feel like runnung away and leaving the whole lot.
Then things go right no nastiness,no being awkward,and we think things are not so bad after all.
That is how we survive,day by day.
Happy for you
Norman :D

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
Hi Kathleen,

That's great to hear. It must be difficult for 'outsiders' to understand how much it means to us when we have a day such as you describe. Every time I visit Dad I'm looking out for those 'little' things that we think are lost forever. I bet you're still smiling!

Best wishes,

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
So glad to come here and read some happy news
Sounds like a fantastic day, I can just picture the singing and dancing now.

May you and your mum have many more times like that to remember
TED

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Yes,I am still smiling.

Yesterday Mums brother visited and Mum was saying her legs ached having no idea that was caused by all the dancing the day before, when he told her about it, and the staff showed her the photos they had taken ,she was thrilled that she had had such a lovely time even though she of course has no memory of it at all.

Such is life, I think the dancing incident should keep me going for a while now.

Kathleen
xxx