1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    My wish to you and yours:

A good and peaceful Christmas Day, and may all your tomorrows be brighter in some small way.

My love, as always, Connie.

2. christine_batch

christine_batch Registered User

Jul 31, 2007
    Buckinghamshire
    Dear Friends on Talking Point,
    Christmas Evening, I spent with my eldest daughter, her partner and two of the Grandchildren.
    For the last 17 years that is where Peter and I have always been.
    Christmas Eve and there was not a dry eye for quite a while - the reason being the person who made it complete was not there - Peter.
    Life has to go on so reassuring everyone that this is not how Grandad would have wanted it.
    Returning back to the house alone, here I could let the tears really flow.
    Christmas Day, I will spend with my other daughter and Grandchildren, put on a happy face and then I will go and see Peter.
    To each and everyone on T.P. from the heart I give you all a sincere thank you for being there.
    May 2008 give us less worry and stress and the strength to get through each day the best we can.
    God Bless. Christine

3. Margaret W

Margaret W Registered User

Apr 28, 2007
    North Derbyshire
    Oh, Christine, I have just posted as to how successful my Christmas day has been, and here I am reading your post. What can I say except to send my love.

Margaret