A funny Conversation

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
Last night in bed Mary and me had a most peculiar conversation.

Mary said "Are these still mine? "What" I asked, "these" she said wiggling her toes. "Feet"? I replied, "Yes" she said "are they still mine"?

I am not perturbed by the conversation but it was so bizarre I wondered if anyone has had a similar experience.

Dick

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
Dear Dick,
On Thursday, my Mum told me that she had been playing hockey all morning and was feeling quite tired. Apart from the fact that she is 81, she can't even stand up by herself, let alone walk or run to play hockey!
I should think that Mary's question, could have something to do with the sense of unreality dementia sufferers seem to have. Mum has told me that the doors in her room keep moving and changing, and she thinks that she is going to the pub when she sits in the NH garden.
One day, when they took a blood test, Mum told me that the nurses had taken her blood away, to give to another lady who needed it more. It makes you wonder just what goes through their minds when people are looking after them!
Kayla:)

Helena

May 24, 2006
My Mother is adamant that the writing in her diary is not hers

Since her writing is unmistakable and very hard to forge its impossible for it to be anyone elses

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I realise logic is not necessarily relevant, but do you think she could be experiencing numbness in her feet? Having myself woken up more than once and thought my arm had dropped off when it fact it was totally numb I wonder if this might be her way of expressing this.

Jennifer

DaisyG

Feb 20, 2006
North West England
Funny things they say...

I think jenniferpa might be right .... maybe she had pins and needles....
It's possible....
It is a peculiar sensation to have a 'fuzzy' foot ....

My husband is regularly coming out with all kinds of 'nonsense'...
Some funny .... some.... just weird.

Also like Helena, denies the writing of 'anything' is his.
IT IS GRADUALLY GETTING SMALLER AND SMALLER AS THE WEEKS GO ON....
Has anyone else 'noticed' this happening to their loved ones?

One of his latest things is to wake up in the middle of the night... wake me...
then ask me crossly ...
"What are youuu doing in mmyyyy bed?"..... Then go back to sleep...

What can you say to that?

Take care

DaisyG

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Hiya Dick,

Mum has a problem with tremor in her right arm only...... Parkinson's mooted..... she often shows us 'Look, look!' - as if her arm is not a part of herself ... never quite sure whether she's worried about it, or even proud in a bizarre way .... her right arm does something all by itself that her left arm can't do..... ?????

Dick, totally ignorant here without a lot of back-tracking - and you don't need to answer, of course, how is Mary's mobility? Is there a link? Just a thought,

Loadsaluv, Karen (TF), x

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
Hi Karen

Mary always loved walking and our holidays were always spent in the mountains but now she is slow and has little stamina.

You have all given me a lot to think about and perhaps I shouldn't dismiss the incident lightly as I have done so far. We know that with AD the brain is under attack but we have no idea which part and if we did, we don't know which part cotrols what function.

Hugs

Dick