A Flower Garden for Bryan

muriel.elliott

Aug 21, 2010
Berkshire
Hi all,
The cemetary where Bryan is allows us to do what we like with 18 inches from his headstone - within reason of course.I have been thinking for a long time what i wanted to do. AS you know i have a bird feeder by the side already. I decided a couple of weeks ago that a little garden would be very fitting as he loved his garden. I got some winter flowering pansies and as maxines is on holiday this week - she works in a school. We went up there this morning and got it sorted. It looks lovely. A friend of mine has some small pebbles that we are going to edge it with. We put some fresh flowers in the headstone vase - carnations. A bunch of assorted colours and it really does not great. The colours of the robin and the royal velvet fuschia that are etched on his headstone blend so well. We had to laugh as maxine said what would anybody have thouht that saw her, carrying a spade and fork over to his grave then dragging a black sack with the turf in after. She had to jump on the spade to get it to go in to the grass first of all. We said - sorry dad/bryan hope it is not giving you a head-ache! I feel really pleased now that it is done. Only wish he could see it.
Love and hugs Muriel xx:confused:

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
It does sound lovely Muriel. Wish you could have taken a picture for us. Halloween and you and Maxine up to mischief:D:eek: I would have reported you to the police if I'd seen grave robbery;)

Love

muriel.elliott

Aug 21, 2010
Berkshire
Hi,
Helen you have just made me laugh so much. When you think about it we were not stealing anything but adding something! But it must have looked so funny.I will take a photo when the pebbles are in place. It will look finished then. I will try to put it on here! ! !
I do not think either of us thought about it being halloween!
Love and hugs xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamieF7