A Festive Lament for the Absent Sibling

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Ches, I've had a glass on the go too, ever since getting back from the cemetery this morning, but I don't feel at all squiffy (yet!) Its changed from Baileys to wine and a bit of other stuff like you but all is done now 'cept for the tatties which Andy says he will do when he gets up. Well, I hope Sheergar is eating the rum soaked sugar lumps to his hearts content, and I really hope everyone has a good Christmas, you really are a lovely bunch here on TP you know. Lotsaluv, She. XX

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Cheers everyone, just got back from the italian resturant, Lionel dancing on the table - O.K. i'm joking. However a 'good' evening as things go, raising my glass to all you wonderful people out there.

Its cold up here on the majic carpet, but this way I can reach each and everyone of you. Love to you all and a very merry christmas. Connie.xxxx

C

Chesca

'Tis a bit nippy, isn't it. Want a loan of the manky old horse blanket - an attractive wrap in a bad light!

Glad things went well tonight with the table dancing. I've only tried that once. Having envied people uninhibited in their wild abandon at such activities, on my 40th birthday, when I should have known better, I found myself atop a table partnering one of my bosses. Well, I do have to tell you, we rocked some to wild cheers..........and so did the table! Didn't feel a thing when I landed on the lush velveteen and my best friend's handbag! Let's just say that Anderson's bar clients still talk about it to this day and I'm now 103, feeling it anyway.

More worrying at the moment is that my beloved has been secretlywrapping my Christmas presents to wild bursts of laughter (he's still at it) and keeps asking have we any more batteries. So far he has used 8! I've just asked a friend does she know of the latest craze in massive diamonds fired by batteries! I live in hopes but with a very strong reservation!

Cheers, honey. Enjoy the precious moments.
Love
Chesca
Xxx

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
A very Merry Christmas to one and all!

I didn't last long enough last night to stay with the party here but this morning I feel quite good about life. Hanging on to the positives. Its trying to snow - looking at the sky there's enough up there to turn it white very shortly - even though there are blue patches to be seen (or there were up until about 10 minutes ago).

I'm off to crank up the stove and get things underway. There'll only be my hubby, son and Mum this year which is so strange but we'll be remembering the Aunts, Uncles, Mum in Law and specially Dad who always used to share it with us. Aunty will I'm sure be enjoying the festivities being prepared in the home and we shall be travelling up there in a couple of days to visit. The plan is to take her out for something to eat if she's well enough.

This is another day and we shall make the most of it. After all we did wake up this morning and thats the important thing isn't it.

Love to all
Kriss

C

Chesca

Dear Kriss

The sky is looking a little ominous, isn't it. Well, I haven't built a snow man for years! Hope you all have as lovely a day as poss.

Just of to visit Mum in the nursing home. Not sure how we'll get through the rest of the day after that. Onward and upward.

Love for now
Chesca

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SHarris