A Festive Lament for the Absent Sibling

barraf

Mar 27, 2004
Huddersfield
Dear Chesca

If we're bringing the booze in crates we shall all finish up pisitively possed, or at least under the affluence of incohol, (hic).

I don't mind if I do.

Cheers Barraf

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Chesca
regarding Yates I think sometimes I live in a time warp,I went on the overhead railway the other day.
Ha ha ha ha he he he ,must go I think I saw a white coat through the window
TAT ta
Norman

C

Chesca

Me Dears

It is very much my mission that we will be pisitively possed, extremely possed, as a liszting brahms in fact. And as for crate carrying? Am I not the proud possessor of a horse (goes by the name of Shygar, couldn't cope with the publicity, changed the name and went undercover to avoid the gamblerazzi) and cart presently trundling it's way home in time for such a chore and a rum soaked sugar cube or two (if he hasn't already partaken). You'll tell by his liszt - fame can be such a curse

We are allowed our dreams from time to time, even overhead railways, and I'm looking forward to the 'shennanagins' or however it's spelt - and that is that on the midnight hour GMT 24/12 we all raise a glass to each other, wish for each other what we would wish for ourselves - however impossible the wish fulfillment - and give ourselves a collective pat on the back for living and coping through the last 12 months.

Norman, prior to venturing out into the world, I was brought up at 5 ways - don't know if you know it but our local was a particulary spectacular edifice until a demented loon decided to turn it into the Acropolis! A dispensary by another name.

Now, that's settled, whose in charge of the music (or the 'sounds' as I'm reliably informed is the terms these days)? Mine's the Flamenco with a little reggae for absent friends and wouldn't you just love to be able to dance like those on that telly programme? You all probably can, I'll just break your toes; but don't let that stop you asking to sign my dance card - I'll provide the foot cushions.

Wouldn't it be rather wonderful if prior to this we could all arrange to meet for lunch at some middle ground, in reasonable distance for all, wherein we could take a little time out together? no bitching allowed!

Chesca

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
So thats what happened to poor old Sheergar then. I used to love to dance, twist, jive, smooch etc, now its more a quick girate then into the chair to wrestle with the arthritis I've abused etc. Lovely idea to meet, will have to just be with you in spirit (lots of) as health and commitments stop me travelling far these days.Got decorations out, got in a state, as new ones got to please Mum in January sales, now she wont see them, off on another downer! See you all 12midnight 24/12 love She. XX

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
We may all have a lot in common, including perhaps a fondness for the odd tipple or two, but unless anyone has a secondhand 'magic carpet', can't work out how we could meet.
However thing of you all, and will certainly be raising my glass to all of you at the 'witching' hour. Keep smiling, Connie

C

Chesca

Connie, oh, for the magic carpet. Who knows what Santa will bring? Just being fanciful, along the lines of the Company Christmas bash, us being the Company. The irony being that I used to avoid them like the plague but that was because I didn't see the point of such extravagance to spend time with people you'd normally spend money to avoid! However, this Company is a different entity altogether, me thinks.

Chesca

C

Chesca

Dear Sheila

I hope you have dusted those decs down and given it another shot. Tears are allowed as are all those memories we talked about another time - Mum's make Christmases, I bet you have done your share during your time and it is that giving that we remember. And, we'll do it together. We will, in spite of and because of................

And you are excused the Knees Up Mother Brown, you can hand jive, can' you? And, if you wouldn't mind, you could keep Shygar supplied with the rum soaked sugar lumps to ensure he stays put for transport home.

Chesca

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Sugar lumps ordered, decorations up, think she would be proud, she used to love pulling up in the mini bus each day and seeing the "new" decorations (she forgot them every night again. ) I intend ringing her day care centre and telling the lovely ladies "Lily's lights" are on as they try to do a drive round to see the local lights when they take the daycare group home. At least that way some of Mum's friends will have pleasure from them. Take care, love She. XX

jools

Jun 29, 2004
Hi Folks,

I could bring along the ceilidh band which I play in (fiddle)from my pub for the 'sounds';
we also had the guy from the Scots Porridge Oats advert along last week for St Andrew's night, alas he was not wearing his kilt but a pair of trousers. Rhuiri is his name (Rory) and he's a real beefcake. Phfowwwarr, as they say down south!

Jools

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hi Jools. 'bags' Rory for me----Lionel & I have put the tree up this weekend, fits of laughter. I tried handing down Lionel the box of decs from the loft, but he said he felt he was standing on his head once he raised his arms above his head. O K you work it out.
Tree up, decs a bit lopsided, but we did it together, that another year, and another milestone.
Thanks for all the postings, and everything, keep smiling, Connie

C

Chesca

Jools! A fiddler! Bring the band, hen, and Rory and his knees - the horse will be in need of a nosebag of oats to soak up some of the rum! If your surname's Holland, bring Tom. Not normally a fan of the Tom but the latest album in collaboration with Mr Holland is a Jool!

Connie, you have made me feel quite jolly, I just hope we have as much fun with our decs. Whilst I've been blethering on about Xmas decs I have to confess that I've yet to start. I know where they are, alright, it's just that I've yet to start. You would have to see what I have to negotiate in order to put the tree in its rightful place! I don't know what it is with men, but with the amount of gizmos and assorted electronic wizardry there is enough cabling and wire, not to mention, sockets that should I move one there is a danger of a blackout over the north west.

During the cold spell last week I had the temerity to connect a heater as back up only for it to explode. (I immediately thought, Jude! checked on TP and she was back on board - spooky or what?). The measured tones between clenched gnashers of the man, viz: 'stupid woman! Why did you not ask me to do that?' were not helpful. He may have just led to my manipulating the electrics in the kitchen for Christmas day in the hope that his response is similar - then we'll see the turkey feathers fly. Cook that, Edison! Where was I?

Sheila, bet your decs are a joy and a treat of a tribute to Lily. What a lovely thought by the care home staff! I've noticed that people have decorated and lit everything up early this year, or is that just me behind the times. Or could it be that people are just needing a little cheer - and they live on their own with tidy wiring? Sorry, just my current rant (no pun intended).

Well, we're all getting there..............

Love
Chesca

C

Chesca

Somewhere I wrote: ........................and I'm looking forward to the 'shennanagins' or however it's spelt - and that is that on the midnight hour GMT 24/12 we all raise a glass to each other, wish for each other what we would wish for ourselves - however impossible the wish fulfillment - and give ourselves a collective pat on the back for living and coping through the last 12 months.

Connie, you were asking about the magic carpet. Well, you should have seen the state of it - looked like an old horse blanket. Have spent the week steam cleaning it after its travels and it is now sparkling fit to whisk us all off to the midnight hour. But after all the cleaning I have put in, would the more clumsy amongst you be wary of spilling your drinks on it - and that includes, particularly, my beloved who is very cavalier about such matters after the odd tincture!

Tomorrow night at any time o'clock I will be raising a glass, but especially at midnight, to us all as carers and our loved ones - some, sadly no longer with us but equally as special to us. You are all fantastic, couldn't (didn't previously) manage without you.

Just off to check Shygar is sober!

Lots of love
Chesca

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Cheers to you all. Yes I have started early. Just sat through another silent meal, wiped Lionel down, and settled us on the sofa.

Lionel asked who was coming for Christmas. I explained that we would just be us two. He haltingly told me that as far as he is concerned, he is perfectly happy just the two of us. Why do I crave company!!!

We are off to our favourite Italian reasturant for a meal tomorrow evening, he can slop his food, and fall asleep, and be silent all evening, the proprietors accept Lionel as Lionel.

So save me a seat on the majic carpet, and merry christmas to all. CONNIE.

C

Chesca

I suggest that I'm not starting early, just testing in case we have a bad bottle? Well, you never know! Would you want to poison your guests? Don't answer that!

I suspect you crave company in the same way as anybody doing a full-time job, permanently in seeming solitude would. You have a lively brain and personality that you use for our benefit at the local Alzheimer's Society but it's still much of the muchness. Do you miss the conversations/banter you shared because you are now nurse to patient for much of the time, the sharing of a cuddle, just an affectionate touch? It's a horrible bag of tricks, isn't it? You'd think I had all the answers! I wish.

Have a lovely evening at the restaurant and have a glass for me. Cheers me dear!

Chesca
x

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Chesca,
you've hit a bit of a raw spot there: 'missing conversation / banter / cuddles / affection / jokes and giggles / planning and dreaming together ......'. That, and so much more.
And you know what hurts the most? That we would still have all that, were it not for AD, yet there are so many couples all around us who do not treasure or cultivate any of the above.
I agree with Norman: we've been robbed of our future, our plans and our dreams.
Merry Christmas just the same - in the absence of Prosecco, I shall make do with a bottle of Cava. Cheers!
Carmen

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hi, if I don't soon get to bed I shall never get to do it all tomorrow, just had to spend time checking out TP though! Yes, I will be there 12 midnight, hope you have a really lovely meal Connie, you deserve it. Wonderful to hear how the restaraunt understands, so many don't. Love She. XX

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
I'got to go,I'm cream crackered,I may be up again at about 4am,that's the way it goes these days or should I say nights.
My sincere greetings and best wishes to all of my TP friends,may next year be better than this one,may we have some peace and pleasure and continue to help and support each other on this wonderful site.
May your roof never fall in and may your friends beneath it never fall out.
No Chesca I am not p---d just feeling a little emotional with xmas and another year nearly gone.
All best wishes
Norman

C

Chesca

Dear Norm

Get yourself off to bed and have a good sleep, tomorrow is yet another day. Lots of love to you and Peg and cheers to your ears. We'll maybe get chance for speaks tomorrow.

Take care and thanks for all the special things you do.

Lots of love
Chesca
xxx

C

Chesca

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND PEACEFUL TIMES TO EVERYBODY. SO FAR NOT TOO BAD. A SALUTE TO US ALL, THE GIVERS, CARERS AND THE LOVED

JUST GOING TO REFILL THE REFILLED REFILL.

CHESCA
XXX