A Festive Lament for the Absent Sibling

C

Chesca

For anybody new to this thread, don't bother reading this bit. It's just my bitter seasonal rant about the siblings who leave everything to moi and my true love. But the replies are much more fun and festive. We're allowed!

These and other broken promises

On the first day of Xmas, my true love said to me: your sib's due on 20 and 3
On the second day of Xmas, my sentiments to he were 'two quid's the bet'
On the third day of Xmas, he voiced the thought to me: three crisp tens?
On the fourth day of Xmas my very words re she were 'no calling birds?'
On the fifth day of Xmas, whilst dressing up the tree, phone gave five rings
On the sixth day of Xmas, my true love said to me, when d'you want paying?
On the seventh day of Xmas, out we went to eat, spent all my winnings
On the eighth day of Xmas, knew the job was mine, no wild abandon
On the ninth day of Xmas, again we'd be in charge, no festive dancing
On the tenth day of Xmas, it did occur to me, break out the liquor
On the eleventh day of Xmas, filled my glass with glee, much ice a'clinking
On the twelfth day of Xmas, my true love said to me, next year we're skiing.............

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Chesca, lovely ditty, very true. Sadly it made me cry, because every day of Christmas will make me cry, just as most days do right now, because my lovely, precious little Mum, for the first time in my life will not be sharing it with me. Sorry, I feel a midnight Minnie coming on ! Love She. XX

C

Chesca

Cynical ditty, She, don't know about 'lovely'!

We will be sad together and we will fest in their names for all the joy they, our loved ones, provided to us at Christmas past. And.........we will be allowed to cry as we wish....and maybe have a little lift through it with a little help from our friends.

See you under the clock at midnight!

Chesca

barraf

Mar 27, 2004
Huddersfield
A Festive Lament

Is this a private wake or can anyone join in?

If so I'll be under the clock with you.

As the song says 'I know all there is to know about the crying game'.

Bring a bottle.

Cheers Barraf

C

Chesca

Barraf!
Au contraire, mush. The more the merrier and leave the bottle at home, just bring the crate - it's a big clock, we may have more amigos. Once the Kleenex comp has been run, perhaps we can have a little fun at our own expenses!
Chesca

Leah

Oct 22, 2004
Northumberland
Make room under that clock for me please
I too wll bring a bottle or two to drown our sorrows
My Dad died 12 years ago on Christmas Day (Thankfully not with Alzheimers) so it has never been a truely happy event since then. But of course this year I won't have my beloved Ted to look after, so sadder still.

C

Chesca

Dear Leah, of course you'll be there! And, indeed, so will be Ted, our way! D'ya really think we would forget him? It's not allowed. The banquette is of never-ending seating - as one banques one's ette another seat extends for your respose. That's the wonder of Christmas - the spirit of giving, to each other. By the time we've finished drowning our sorrows before you know it we'll be floating our dreams, loves and memories just in time for another crate of whatever and a box of tissues. Barraf, you're in charge of supplies. We're going to be OK! Together!
Chesca X

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Leah and dear Ches, there is room for all at this table regardless of where they are regarding the journey, mines a vodka and orange, but by midnight Christmas Eve, I just won't care what you give me. My Mum started going out with my Dad on Christmas Eve, the first one after the war. Ever since he passed over in 1982, Mum and I always shared the sorrow together, now she is gone too, if you don't mind having me. I think I shall be under the clock. The only thing that might stop me is if Mum in law is staying, she is approaching "confirmation" time now if you know what I mean. Love and God Bless, night night, She. XX

C

Chesca

Barraf, don't forget to include vodka and some orange in the order, please! We'll never hear the end of it!

Me dear Min, there is a place of honour reserved just for you under the Clock. We'll be toasty and toasting by midnight and, please whoever is your God, Mum-in-law may be able to share our toast. There are many anniversaries and much loves to celebrate. We'll all be shouting to be heard. Some ear plugs from Boots, must add to the list!

Chesca

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Add another seat, and another glass, I have just includedmyself in the party.....Sounds too good to miss. Keep smiling, Connie

C

Chesca

Ohhhhhhhhhh, NO they haven't! She's out on parole, doing community service, polishing the brass at Ann Fowler's! I thought everyone knew that.
Chesca

C

Chesca

Barraf, the two Anns are related, should be investigated by the Monopolies Commission really: one provides the means for the fall from grace, the other the refuge after the fall!

Norman, what intrugues me is how you know Mags was seen falling out of Yates'. The Yates' I think you are talking about has gone - moved out to Allerton. I know, doesn't bear thinking about! The good Burghers were well up in arms! Well beyond her city limits!

Chesca

C

Chesca

Darling, my PhD is in daft! But isn't it a great place to escape to from time to time? And don't think this gets you out of crate carrying for the 'do' under the midnight clock! It doesn't!

Chesca