A cup of tea and a slice of cake

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by daughter, Nov 18, 2005.

1. daughter

daughter Registered User

Mar 16, 2005
    What a lovely afternoon. Just counting my blessings. Took Mum and Dad out for a short car ride. Dad, snug in the back seat of the car, he had a blanket and two hot water bottles. Mum & I didn't stop talking about this and that. We found a quiet tea room where we had a cup of tea and a slice of cake. Mum dropped a crumb of her cake in her tea, I happened to be looking and we both got a fit of the giggles. I nudged Dad's arm and said "We can't take her anywhere, can we Dad?!" He gives a little smirk of acknowledgement and that's me made up, all over a cake crumb! As I said, a lovely afternoon. :)

2. TED

TED Registered User

Sep 14, 2004
    Middlesex
    Wonderful stuff!!!
    TED x

3. Kathleen

Kathleen Registered User

Mar 12, 2005
    West Sussex
    Hazel

These little bits of heaven keep us going, don't they.

Heres to many more for you and yours, you sound a lovely close threesome.

Kathleen
    xx

4. Sheila

Sheila Registered User

Oct 23, 2003
    West Sussex
    Hazel, little things mean a lot don't they, so glad you had a good day with them. Love She. XX :)

5. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Well done Hazel for finding the magic in a cup of tea. Here's to many more, Connie

6. Elise

Elise Registered User

May 12, 2005
    Hazel

Had a giggle myself when i read your thread. Amazing how such a small thing can brighten your day, small but precious.

Hope you will have many more good days
    Elise

7. Mjaqmac

Mjaqmac Registered User

Mar 13, 2004
    Hazel

What a lovely story. You've brigthened us all knowing that there are still good days. Hope you enjoy many more "wee cups of tea".