a change i my dad

elaineo2

Jul 6, 2007
leigh lancashire
hi there all you wonderful people.Just a general enquiry.For the past four days dad has been washing and changing without any prompts or arguments.Is this a good sign or am i just seeing into something that may not last?even though i work with people with this disease i think i may be biased as to my dads abilities with personal hygiene and the fact that i don't want to see any further decline.selfish of me i know but love him too much to want to see him this way.love to you all elaine

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Elaine,
Who knows whether it will last or not? Just enjoy it as long as it does - make the most of every good moment, for they will give you the strength to see your way through the bad ones.
Love helen

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
.For the past four days dad has been washing and changing without any prompts or arguments

My mother use to have those kind of days , I use to get my hope up so high , then come down with a bang when they did not last .

Good advice from Amy
make the most of every good moment, for they will give you the strength to see your way through the bad ones.

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
For the past four days dad has been washing and changing without any prompts or arguments.Is this a good sign or am i just seeing into something that may not last?
Hi Elaine,
The coordinator at the dementia support group describes dementia as been tidal, sometimes the memory is in, other times it's out. In mum's case I found this to be true, she would be able to perform the showering task for awhile then it was just all to confusing she would just forget then she would have memory of it again. But, slowly this worsened and now it is something that has to be addressed on a daily basis. Every case is different as you would know so fingers crossed your dad will continue washing and changing. Taffy.

elaineo2

Jul 6, 2007
leigh lancashire
thanks for the replies.been to see dad today.all seems well on the outside.i know this may not last and i will treasure these days.thanks again elainex