A bit worried

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
OH has COPD and since Christmas has had at least four courses of ABs, a course of steroids and a week in hospital. He's just finishing the latest course of ABs but they don't seem to be having much effect. We saw the doctor last week who mentioned that an XRay done when B was in hospital a couple of months ago showed a shadow on one lung, but the hospital never mentioned it. Anyway B had another chest XRay last Thursday and we've been called in to discuss the results tomorrow. Not sure what to expect and frankly a bit concerned. Guess I'll just have to see what the verdict is before letting my imagination go into overdrive.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
OH has COPD and since Christmas has had at least four courses of ABs, a course of steroids and a week in hospital. He's just finishing the latest course of ABs but they don't seem to be having much effect. We saw the doctor last week who mentioned that an XRay done when B was in hospital a couple of months ago showed a shadow on one lung, but the hospital never mentioned it. Anyway B had another chest XRay last Thursday and we've been called in to discuss the results tomorrow. Not sure what to expect and frankly a bit concerned. Guess I'll just have to see what the verdict is before letting my imagination go into overdrive.

About 15 years ago my husband was told he had a shadow on his lung and apart from being a bit breathless occasionally it has not caused him any problems, try not to worry I hope the results will settle your mind x

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Jinx - very hard to do but try not to worry until you really have to. Sincerely hope it is nothing serious for your husband. Will be thinking of you WIFE

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm sorry you have this worry Jinx. My OH also had COPD - only showed up as his Dementia got worse- but he had suffered with asthma since a tiny baby. I hope this shadow is not something serious and your mind will be put at rest.

Love

Lyn T XX

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Well after all the worry and a 50 minute wait at the doctors it turns out the XRay was showing some granulation and fibrous material in his lungs which we have known about for nearly five years since having to pay to see a consultant privately to get an answer to why OH was coughing so much. They are going to see if it needs any further investigation but his chest is clear of infection so very relieved.