a bit wet

Louise Jones

Apr 11, 2006
Birmingham
toileting the one you love for the first time

Hi everyone!
when I was at school and trying to sort out my work placement because I wanted to become a nursery nurse my friends told me I had to work in a care home and wipe peoples bottoms! of course at that age you go urrgghh! I'm so not doing that! and so that put me off the idea and worked at a florist (bit of a difference).
I became a carer 2 years later for my grandmother! I remember my first night with my nan, she had been discharged from the hospital for the mentally ill and all the family were there apart from my mum as she was working late. My nan said to me, Lou I need the toilet! so I said ok nan, and from that split second my aunty, uncle and my two cousins pretty much ran into the front room so they didn't have to take her! I thought "oh god this is it" so with a smile on my face and my arm around her, I took her to the toilet! talk about thrown into the deep end (excuse the punt) she went to the loo properly and gave it to me! yes it did freak me out, but I looked at my nan as she smiled at me and all I could feel was sorry for her! because my beautiful caring grandmother did something she would never of done in her right mind, and I wanted to protect and her from the indignity of the whole situation. So all I'm trying to say is, when your on your own and you know your loved one can't cope your caring instincts will come into place and try to give them as much dignity as possible.

storm

Aug 10, 2004
notts
Hi All, I have not been online for awhil;e so today i thought i would make time to catch up with whats happening on T/P .I dont want to get involved in the argy bargy thats going on as i have neither the time or the energy but i do have a practical solution to the problem that started all this WHITE VINAGER! this always works for any wee mishaps that happen on the carpets here which by the way is quite often just dilute the vinager and apply to carpet once the smell of vinager is gone which doesnt take long so is the smell and stain of the wee.Come on guys and gals lets get on with what we do best helping each other. STORM

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Thanks Storm - my brain is telling me I should have known about the White Vinegar trick (as in I think I must have read it somewhere, sometime) but I couldn't bring it to mind.
:p As to the argy-bargy, that's all ancient history now, we're all buddies again.