1. j.j

j.j Registered User

Jan 8, 2007
    just a quick post i,d like to share, mam is in a home for people with challenging behaviour and its been a rough road to travel, i bring her home five days a week because i want to her to have fun and laughter with us, she does,nt ever remember any of it but enjoys it at the time, today when i went to collect her she looked at me and said "they say there are no such things as rainbows but there are" it made me smile

2. nickyd

nickyd Registered User

Oct 20, 2007
    warwickshire
    Thanks for sharing J.J,

It was lovely!!

You're doing an amazing thing for your Mum..

Take Care,

Love,

3. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    That is lovely , reminds me of what my mother says to me when I pick her up from respite .

she welcoming me with open arms Saying " Your like an Angel coming to take me away from hear :D

4. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    What a lovely expresion jj. How does it feel to be a rainbow.:)

5. hendy

hendy Registered User

Feb 20, 2008
    West Yorkshire
    Dear JJ
    What a lovely post. Are you the treausre at the end of the rainbow? I think you must be.
    take care
    hendy

6. TinaT

TinaT Registered User

Sep 27, 2006
    Bolton
    I agree with Hendy. You most certainly are the treasure at the end of your mum's rainbow. xxTina T

7. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    What a wonderful thing you're doing for your mum, j.j. She must so look forward to her days with you.

How lovely to be her rainbow.

Love,

8. gigi

gigi Registered User

Nov 16, 2007
    East Midlands
    That's a lovely post, jj...:)

Rainbows are only there when the sun shines..you are making such a difference to your mum's quality of life..long may it continue...:)

Love Gigi xx

9. j.j

j.j Registered User

Jan 8, 2007
    thanks all ever so much for kind replies, today is another day and i don,t think mam saw me as a rainbow today, but that is why it touched me when she said it because it was a rare moment of lucidity, just got to hold on to good memories and not let the alzheimers take them from us altogether, easier said than done i know, x