a bit of joy

j.j

Jan 8, 2007
just a quick post i,d like to share, mam is in a home for people with challenging behaviour and its been a rough road to travel, i bring her home five days a week because i want to her to have fun and laughter with us, she does,nt ever remember any of it but enjoys it at the time, today when i went to collect her she looked at me and said "they say there are no such things as rainbows but there are" it made me smile

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
That is lovely , reminds me of what my mother says to me when I pick her up from respite .

she welcoming me with open arms Saying " Your like an Angel coming to take me away from hear :D

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
What a wonderful thing you're doing for your mum, j.j. She must so look forward to her days with you.

How lovely to be her rainbow.

Love,

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
That's a lovely post, jj...:)

Rainbows are only there when the sun shines..you are making such a difference to your mum's quality of life..long may it continue...:)

Love Gigi xx

j.j

Jan 8, 2007
thanks all ever so much for kind replies, today is another day and i don,t think mam saw me as a rainbow today, but that is why it touched me when she said it because it was a rare moment of lucidity, just got to hold on to good memories and not let the alzheimers take them from us altogether, easier said than done i know, x