1. MichelleE

MichelleE Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Bedford UK
    Just read the AS carers communication book and over the weekend mum asked one of her carers to wash her hair for her. This is a first. She has only just reluctantly started to let one carer to was her hair.

I'm pleased, is this the start on mum accepting help from anyone other than me?:)

2. Nell

Nell Registered User

Aug 9, 2005
    Australia
    Great news Michelle! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Would it be useful to say how nice her hair looks when next you see her - or would she have forgotten it by then??

3. MichelleE

MichelleE Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Bedford UK
    you've got it, her short term memory is sometimes down to minutes

4. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    A big step in the right direction Michelle.

5. Taffy

Taffy Registered User

Apr 15, 2007
    Hi Michelle, lets hope this, is the start to something promising.Best Wishes to you and mum. Taffy.

6. Margaret W

Margaret W Registered User

Apr 28, 2007
    North Derbyshire
    Hair wash

Hi Michelle,

Haven't read much else about you, but it seems you are pleased about this, and mum will feel better. Take in a few rollers (do they still sell those in Boots?), as I am going to do for my mum, as the Carer washes her hair but doesn't style is at all. Sitting in a few rollers for an hour might make all the difference.

Love

Margaret