A big step forward

allylee

Feb 28, 2005
west mids
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to share some nice news with you all.

The hospital I work for is opening a dementia ward in October, led by dementia trained nurses.It has a muted colour scheme to promote peace and tranquility, a secure sensory garden and its own specially trained OT and physio.

About blooming time .....:)

Ally xx

janice1

Sep 22, 2009
up north
Hi Ally, where abouts in the west midlands is the dementia place, my mum is in coventry, I wondered if it was close enough for her to use. Thanks Janice

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Ally, hi
What good news, I'm sure that this will help throughout the hospital as dementia patients can turn up in any ward with other problems and having experience on site will make a huge difference.
Kind regards, Jo

allylee

Feb 28, 2005
west mids
Hi Janice,
the ward will be based at New Cross Hospital Wolverhampton and any sufferers admitted to the main hospital will be allocated a bed there.

Its a drop in the ocean but a start at least..Ill keep you posted as to how it goes.

Ally x

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Marvellous news, Ally – thanks for sharing something so positive. :) Feeding into campaigns and generally giving feedback can be a tad wearing until you see a result like this!:)

Let’s hope it becomes a ‘beacon’ throughout the country .... look forward to updates!

Love, Karen, x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbertm