A bad night = a bad day

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
A bad day always follows a bad night

As you know i had such a bad night on Friday, that was followed by a horrendous day yesterday (thankfully last night was a little better Elaine says).

After i bad night i feel so detached, so away from it, hard to explain really but its really is like i am watching all thats going on around but i am not really there, so very surreal, my moods are low and swing from lower to lower,. I sat in the car and watched the world go by and yet,? I felt as if i didnt belong and was in a very strange place. Elaine asked what i was doing with my hands as they were making strange movements and signals but i had no answer, just very confused.

The day just seemed to melt into one and every now and again i would shout out as a Night terror came thundering back into focus and just for a second i was back in the Horrific world that is dementia's nightmare.This is just a snapshot of my day and there are many out there a lot worse than me who have to go through this regularly and daily and my heart will forever go out to them and their carers.
As always, and something we must never forget is there is two sides to every story, and as bad as it is for us with dementia, please spare a thought of all loved ones and carers who have to try and make sense of all this when it must not only seem impossible to do but also whats happening makes no sense whatsoever to them or anybody else who see us act in the way we do.

This is DEMENTIA`S NIGHTMARE
Cc Norrms xx

Cazzita

May 12, 2018
Thank you for describing how it feels, it helps me to understand my mum a little better. Wishing you luck xx

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
A bad day always follows a bad night

As you know i had such a bad night on Friday, that was followed by a horrendous day yesterday (thankfully last night was a little better Elaine says).

After i bad night i feel so detached, so away from it, hard to explain really but its really is like i am watching all thats going on around but i am not really there, so very surreal, my moods are low and swing from lower to lower,. I sat in the car and watched the world go by and yet,? I felt as if i didnt belong and was in a very strange place. Elaine asked what i was doing with my hands as they were making strange movements and signals but i had no answer, just very confused.

The day just seemed to melt into one and every now and again i would shout out as a Night terror came thundering back into focus and just for a second i was back in the Horrific world that is dementia's nightmare.This is just a snapshot of my day and there are many out there a lot worse than me who have to go through this regularly and daily and my heart will forever go out to them and their carers.
As always, and something we must never forget is there is two sides to every story, and as bad as it is for us with dementia, please spare a thought of all loved ones and carers who have to try and make sense of all this when it must not only seem impossible to do but also whats happening makes no sense whatsoever to them or anybody else who see us act in the way we do.

This is DEMENTIA`S NIGHTMARE
Cc Norrms xx
Hello @Norrms it's so valuable for the understanding of dementia that you are able to describe what you're going through. My partner, with Alzheimer's, is past the stage where he could describe how he feels but so far there are no night terrors thank goodness. Wishing you strength x

Lladro

May 1, 2019
I am astonished that I have never really looked at the thread "I have dementia" and also a little humbled. I usually look at "I have a partner with dementia", because I do.
Thank you for sharing your feelings. One of, if not the, biggest frustration that I have is the fact that I cannot persuade my partner to try and tell me how she "feels". I so want to try and understand, so that I can be in a better position to help. Perhaps if I listen to people like you, then I may be able to help my wife more. Thank you

Samsung

Feb 6, 2020
Thank you for describing what it's like. My mum has Alzheimers and sometimes she just 'zones out' its' distressing as I don't know if she's ok, what I should do and how I can help. Just understanding what's it's like for her is a start....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Classy@1951