9 years since this started

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Sorry, I'm being a bit sorry for myself at the moment. It was the first weekend in April 2011 that my partner had a major stroke. She already had one in late 2005 and the two combined to leave her with the vascular dementia which was diagnosed in May 2012. Most years I just feel a bit regretful and sad, but it passes. This year I think the combination of her not longer getting to day centre plus the stress of lockdown and worry about one of us contracting that awful virus mean it got to me a bit more than usual. It's the same with birthdays because she had a major seizure the day after my birthday in 2013 that took us into a new harder phase of dementia. Hopefully all this will be lifting by September and we can get to the west Somerset for a day out, so that won't hit me so hard.
Thanks for reading and I hope everyone is getting by as best as you can.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m sorry you’re feeling so down @nae sporran but it’s understandable. These anniversaries are difficult at the best of times. The current situation makes things a hundred times worse.

Wishing you strength.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @nae sporran
you have both done amazingly well over the years
that means you have put so much of your energy, physical, emotional and mental, into being there for your partner that time and tiredness takes its toll
challenging times right now don't make it easier to look to your own health and welfare
I hope at least the lighter days and some sunshine will give your spirits a lift

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
It’d be amazing if the extra stress of CV wasn’t making you feel extra down @nae sporran . Sending strength. I hope this ends soon for you and all the others struggling to cope with someone with dementia

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
I'm not surprised you're feeling down @nae sporran that's quite a combination of anniversaries to deal with, especially with this wretched virus to worry about. Hope you're managing to get out for a little bit of sun and fresh air, it might help cheer you up.

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
Mine loves it when I sing - it's extremely bad singing but accompanied by lots of grand arm gestures, always makes him laugh (not surprisingly). Did Supercalifradilistic this morning, it was awful but he joined in with the arms :D