8pm applause for the NHS

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
I thought part of my applause would be starting a thread

MANY MANY THANKS to all those involved in any way

Wow ... stood at my door and could hear applause, cheers and shouts of thanks all around

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I have just thanked the NHS and texted my pupils parents who work for it.

Thankyou NHS from the bottom of my heart.

MaNaAk

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
Rats! Having video call with my family I didn’t have Classic fm on and missed it!
However I did see one of The Banjoman’s former carers on my dog walk today and did say that she was doing a grand job and thanked her and she said she would pass it on to the rest of them.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Our Close did it! Our daughter works front line NHS

We need to remember others too, our daughter gave the bin men biscuits, our neighbour will next week. So many are risking their health .

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
It was amazing. Whole street was out. Have seen dozens of videos from all over UK on twitter. Such a lovely tribute for the NHS and carers.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I missed it with the usual dementia caring distractions, but the doctors, nurses and care support staff working their socks off deserve all the support we can give them.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
I thought no one in my little street would bother and I would feel daft doing it on my own.

How wrong I was. They all came out, house lights blazing, cheering and clapping. And I happily joined them.

I was really moved actually - brought a tear to my eye!

Many many thanks to all NHS staff, especially my friend Simon @Palerider

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
I was the same @Jaded'n'faded - I thought I might be the only one but ventured out. The neighbours up and down the road also came out quite cautiously until they could see others out of their houses and ready to take part. As well as the clapping on our road we could hear the clapping and cheering from all the neighbouring roads. We have quite a few NHS staff around as we are near to a hospital, so it was quite moving.

Sadly, tonight I also learnt from my immediate neighbour that her husband has coronavirus and is getting worse with it. I am not sure at what point they will consider it bad enough to go into hospital - but I hope none of them reach that stage :(

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Partner and I went to front door quite a few came out odd couple of fireworks too. Lovely to see neighbours across the road missing seeing other people already. I felt really emotional as I stepped back in. I wanted to support all the NHS workers and honour the work they do, what a brave bunch they are.

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
I live in an area of bungalows with mainly elderly neighbours - I must be 20 years younger than all of them! So not surprisingly there were only four of us outside clapping and it was pretty quiet in other roads. But I could hear lots of noise further away in the main village.

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
Same clapping & whistling in our street. Few dogs joined in too. Neighbours are a nurse & policeman whose son was 5 today but couldn't have a party or see his friends so after the clapping we sang Happy Birthday to him. His face was a picture ?

notsogooddtr

Jul 2, 2011
On a slightly different note there are are already rumblings about public sector cuts when this is all over.I hope everyone who was clapping tonight will be out on the streets to protest.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I went out on my balcony and did it - I was delighted to see some of my neighbours out too. Where I live it's quite secluded so I couldn't see lots of people. I could, however, hear the clapping from a distant housing estate. When I was in Tenerife last week (seems so long ago) we did it every night for the Spanish key workers. Again we couldn't see anyone else but we could hear the clapping. They also had a van with a loudspeaker going round playing loud music to encourage everyone. On the last night we were there the last song they played was Let It Be. We were all it tears. Last night I chose to play one of the songs they used - I Will Survive. I found the whole experience very emotional both abroad and at home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bottomls