8.5 months pregnant and losing dad

Gg2

Jul 19, 2014
My wonderful dad passed away peacefully with my husband and I by his side last night on my late mothers birthday of all days. I so grateful that I got to hold his hand, tell him what he meant to me and say goodbye.

I feel completely numb and am just waiting for the pain to start. There's such a mix of emotions and the little bit of relief makes me feel absolutely awful but I'm so glad I was able to be by his side

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
Oh Gg I am so sorry! But glad you were by his side to say your good-byes and that your oh was there to support you. I'm sure it's not a coincidence that he chose to leave you on your Mum's birthday. They are together now watching over you and your growing family :) I hope your day brings peace and comfort. X

starryuk

Nov 8, 2012
Gg2,

I am so sorry about your dad. :(

Like Pony-mad, I don't believe it was a coincidence that he left on your mother's birthday. You, your husband and your baby to be were there to say goodbye and your mum was waiting to welcome him. I hope the knowledge that you gave him such a peaceful passing can ease your grief a little.

elaina

Aug 10, 2015
Somerset
So sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you are feeling. It must mean a lot for you to have been with him. I hope my dad forgave me for me not being with him.my grief is huge.x

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Gg2 and elaina, I am so sorry. I wish you peace and strength in the coming days. It's good that you found each other on TP.

From what I read on here, the more caring people are the more likely they are to feel that they should have done more. But you did all you could and no-one could ask for more. I bet your dads would understand and would not want you to feel like this. They would know you will never forget them and would be telling you to look forward to the rest of your lives, wouldn't they?

Last edited:

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Gg2 I am so sorry you have lost your Dad. ....but so pleased it was calm and that you were there with him.
This will be a time of mixed emotions but please try to hang on to the happy memories and ditch the negative images as fast as you can.
You've done all that you can....now look after you.

Love Maureen.x.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im sorry you have lost your dad and I know that the grief will come
And yet........... what better way to go than joining your wife on her birthday with your daughter, son-in-law and grandchild by your side.

Take care of yourself.
xx

Gg2

Jul 19, 2014
Elaina, I wasn't there when my mum passed so I know a little how you feel. I honestly believe that people choose when they go and my mum walked out of the room where my dad was before she died so he wasn't even there with her. I believe she chose this.

I agree with Maureen about focusing on positives and ditching negatives. Guilt is a wasted emotion. It's so very hard losing someone you love so dearly but you've nothing to feel guilty for or ask your fathers forgiveness for. X

elaina

Aug 10, 2015
Somerset
Elaina, I wasn't there when my mum passed so I know a little how you feel. I honestly believe that people choose when they go and my mum walked out of the room where my dad was before she died so he wasn't even there with her. I believe she chose this.

I agree with Maureen about focusing on positives and ditching negatives. Guilt is a wasted emotion. It's so very hard losing someone you love so dearly but you've nothing to feel guilty for or ask your fathers forgiveness for. X

Thank you for writing such a supportive message in the midst of your own grief. It has been so helpful to share experience. Please let me know when your lovely baby arrives

Sending you my very best wishes. Xxx

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Gg2 am so sorry for the loss of your dear Dad. He chose his time, like your Mum did too, with your family surrounding him with love. Wishing you strength in your time of grief.
Love
Suexx

Eliana, so sorry to read of your loss too. Strength to you and your family in your grief.
Love
Sue
xx

janetlynn

Jul 22, 2012
England
My condolences to Gg2 and Elaina. Words cannot describe how you both must be feeling right now. Please take one day at a time and be good to yourselves.

Janet.

Last edited:

LeedsLass

Oct 13, 2014
Essex
To Elaina & g2g, sending much love to you both. Hope you find the strength to get through the days ahead. Xxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife