1. SugarRay

SugarRay Registered User

May 5, 2014
    Sunny South East
    I work in the NHS and already do week days / weekends fortunately not nights.
    In my area we have 2 walk in clinics 8-8 but you have to travel 10 miles to get to either of them. Yes if GP's were open I'd go there, I've taken my mum to eye appointments on a Saturday - brilliant for me and Mum but apparently they are not being held on regular basis on a Saturday - shame. It's where the extra staff are going to come from to aid this on a full time and regular basis. I'm open to change and think the NHS really does need a change. But I've been in it long enough to see the circles I'm afraid and I fear if they mess with the unsocial hours payments it may come back to bite them big time. At the moment I also pray nothing happens to Mum at weekend. Too much knowledge I suppose.
    Time will tell.
    SR. x

2. Saffie

Saffie Registered User

Mar 26, 2011
    Female
    Near Southampton
    So you did Jeany. :)
    Part of the manifesto then - apparantly it will be part of the Queen's speech now - so let's hope it will soon be a part of normal life!

Let's hope so Lindy! :)

3. Spiro

Spiro Registered User

Mar 11, 2012
  4. byrnedjp

byrnedjp Registered User

Mar 21, 2013
    London
    .......Its will just expose the shortcomings even more

It needs a complete overhaul not an extension

5. Saffie

Saffie Registered User

Mar 26, 2011
    Female
    Near Southampton
    Well to slightly mis-quote an infamous lady of the '60s - he would wouldn't he!