6 months on

clarethebear

Oct 16, 2007
manchester, uk
Hi Everyone

Well it's 6 months tomorrow since Nanna passed, and yet it still seems as if it were yesterday. It might sound strange but I still feel her around me, only last week I walked through my kitchen and smelt her. I find this a great comfort, as it lets me know she is still here with me helping me to care and look after Jack.

A few weeks ago one of my Great Uncles passed (my nanna's little brother) along with other things he also paseed with this terrible condition. So once again the deep thoughts have been coming, on what is it all about (life).

This monday would have been my Nanna's 86th birthday so I am thinking of asking all the family round for a big meal. I love to cook roast dinners and my Nanna loved big family meals so I hope in a way it will turn out to be a good day.

Thank you for reading this, and I would like to wish you all well. I hope that you find the strength to help you through the things that are happening in your lives.

My thoughts are with you all.

Take Care
Clare

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Carrying on Nanna tradition

Dear Clare,
It is really nice to hear from you.
Having family for a roast dinner, you will be carrying on with you Nana's tradition. I also did that in my family and the lovely memories stayed with me.
If it is roast beef, please set a extra place for me!!
Love to you and Jack
Christine xx

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Dear Clare,

It's good to hear from you and know how you and Jack are getting on.

I think it's good that you're planning the dinner to celebrate your nan - I hope it goes well for you.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Clare

How lovely to hear from you again. How's little Jack?

Lovely idea, to have a party to remember your Nanna, don't forget to set a place for her, I'm sure she'll be there!

Love,

clarethebear

Oct 16, 2007
manchester, uk
Thank you all for your words.

My mum her partner, Jack and I went for a lovely meal this afternoon to a little place we found with my Nanna not long before we realised she wasn't well. We all had a lovely meal and then a walk to a garden centre and spent a small fortune lol.

This morning before Jack got up I sang happy birthday to my Nanna and apparently so did my mum, my sister had a chat with Nanna to bring her upto date with what has been going on in our lives since she passed.

All in all I'v had a really good day and I'm feeling all warm and cosy inside.

Take Care All
Clare :)

P.s. Jack is still being ill on and off and I haven't weighed him in ages cause I know the weight isn't staying on him. We are due to see his consultant and a surgeon at the end of the month so hopefully things will look up a bit after that. Thank you for asking after my little man.