44 yrs old - early onset

jackanory

May 10, 2011
sorry for your problem jackanory

hi linda i was seeing my doctor for some time like you i new i had a problem i am now on aracept wich are helping a lot ,but i am in my early seventies i am so sorry that you have dementia so young just dont give up .

linda1scot

Aug 2, 2011
north lanarkshire
Thank you all so much for your replies.

Tina - pot, kettle, black.... hope your having a rest after all your endless campaining you are an inspiration.

i will look for the book that was mentioned. I have been in touch with a few groups - one that especially campaigns for the rights of dementia patients both in the media and around scotland. The dementia sufferers themselves go out to hospitals etc and try to educate doctors and professionals on what its really like to have this awful disease. Unfortunately (or par for the course) the lady i spoke to on the phone said i would be the youngest there and had already through speaking to her brought up some issues that even they hadnt considered in the past ie child care needs etc.

this organisation seems to be 'just down my street' and very 'me' - could turn out to be my lifeline. i have enclosed the address for those interested. www.sdwg.org.uk

I dont know how many of you have faith in God but last night I went to a prayer meeting where a couple of very down to earth folk prayed over me and asked God for healing. I have never done anything like this before (never had to!) but it was a wonderful and calming experience and as i have said before i do believe i have been given this disease for a reason - whether it be to campaign for better rights or whatever i dont know yet.

Thanks again

hugs to all

Linda xx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Linda , Good Morning ! Your new Post is very " Up beat & Postive " Well Done & the " New Hospital Dementia Group " sounds a very good idea ! Hope you will be able to join it !

Just realized you live in Scotland my Friend lives in Cupar ( Near St Andrew's ! )

Pleased you were able to go to a Prayer Group & you found some comfort from it !

Take Care & have a good Day !

Love & Support Love Grove x x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamieF7