1. Q&A: Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) - Thursday 27 Sept, 3-4pm

Power of attorney (LPA) is a legal tool that gives another adult - often a carer or family member - the legal authority to make decisions on behalf of someone with dementia, if they become unable to themselves.

Our next expert Q&A will be hosted by Flora and Helen from our Knowledge Services team. They will be answering your questions on LPA on Thursday 27 September from 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

40’s 50’s karaoke dvd

Discussion in 'Books, film and music' started by DeMartin, Nov 14, 2017.

1. DeMartin

DeMartin Registered User

Jul 4, 2017
    Kent
    Just spent an hour singing with mum at CH, music only CD, I don’t know all the words, any guide to dvd karaoke, and or song book. It distracts her beautifully, and I enjoy it.

2. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
  3. Pete R

Pete R Registered User

Jul 26, 2014
    Staffs
    Youtube has thousands.
    :)

4. Rosie4u

Rosie4u Registered User

Jun 22, 2017
    Female
    South Manchester
    The dvds mentioned are great.Just make sure you get the ones with words.we have 3 A’s my OH is a great singer but his Alzheimer’s has taken all the words although not the voice and although he can’t really read the words they act as prompts for his memory.Use them a lot at sundown

5. Kevinl

Kevinl Registered User

Aug 24, 2013
    Salford
    If you play the DVD on a DVD player you just get the music, if you uses the DVD player on a TV then the words should appear on the TV screen. If you were playing it on a TV and no words came up then it sounds like there's something wrong.
    K