24 hours later!

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
All I can say is thank goodness for getting it through to me about tiredness. Alan has been very tired today and he kept saying how tired he was which he never does usually. After lunch I suggested he go and lie down a while on the bed and he looked so relieved. He was asleep almost immediately. Even I thought it would be more restful for him to lie on the bed rather than outside in a lounger.

Now if I hadn't been informed about tiredness, I would have been really scared today because it would have seemed serious. As it happened I just said to myself "well yesterday was enjoyable but it was such a big day for Alan (and must have been very exhausting having to answer questions - whatever way they were put to him) that he was bound to feel tired".:):)

Now he's had a sleep and feels better. He's got himself ready to go out with his son as they usually do on a Tuesday evening. He has been more difficult to understand today which I would have really worried about but I think it's just because he's tired. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. :)

Love Helen

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Helen,
It is something that unless pointed out can happen, the worst is always expected.

Now you are aware of what can make Alan tired, you are able to handle it.

It always worked with Peter when he was tired but when he wanted to sleep during the day and be up all night it was hell. The only thing he wanted to do was sing along with the karoake!!!

Take care of yourself.
Love from

Christine

citybythesea

Mar 23, 2008
coast of texas
It's amazing what we all can help each other with. As time has passed I have learned that even having unscheduled company makes her tired. The next day is when I get all my work done, while she sleeps;)

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Posted by Helen:
24 hours later!

All I can say is thank goodness for getting it through to me about tiredness

It is the sharing of small things, to look for and be aware of, which helps make TP so great.