2005 London Marathon

Pauline Elliott

Oct 26, 2004
Twickenham
I am due to run the London Marathon this April for the Alzhiemer's Society in memory of my mother who died from this disease and wondered if anyone wanted to support and sponsor me in this epic challenge.

This is my very first London Marathon and I have been training very hard over the past few months.

If you are interested in sponsoring me I have attached a link to my site - http://www.justgiving.com/paulinesmarathon

kevstillwell

Jan 14, 2005
west sussex
Well done pauline i am also running the marathon so may be i will see you with the stampeders as i am fortunate to be given a golden bond place as i was unlucky with the ballot. my reasons for raising funds are because my dad has alzheimers and as you well know this is an awful condition to which you loose a loved while they are still alive. in the words of my father LOVES A FUNNY THING how true that is. i now have aweb page like pauline's www.justgiving.com/kevstillwell i would like to invite you to visit my web page and hopefully you will be kind enough to make a donation thanks very much

Last edited:
C

Chesca

It's not just a funny thing, it makes for quite extraordinary feats or is that what Dad meant. Anyway..... so much luck to you both, you're extraordinary.

Good luck
Chesca
xxx (one for each blister)

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Yes it is a funny thing. My son, John, informed me whilst on the the phone today that he is proposing to run the New York marathon next,

He will do this for the Alzeheimers Ass. because of Lionel.

He has run the London marathon twice beofre, inaid of Young Children who have visual impairment, because of his eldest son, my first grandson.

However his net has been cast wider this year, and to him, and all of you out there, who are doing your all, I salute you. Love Connie

Hi Connie

I am delighted to hear that John has chosen to run in the New York Marathon - it is a fantaistic event, much like the London Marathon! The course takes you over 5 bridges and through all the boroughs of New York - Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Manhattan. The atmosphere is incredible! If he would like an information pack please ask him to email me at events@alzheimers.org.uk

Good luck in the London Marathon Pauline, it will be the perfect location to run your first marathon and I am sure it will make you want to run many more in the future! I hope the training is going well...

Warmest wishes

Sharon
Events Team

Steve Thompson

Oct 29, 2004
Maybe this will help??

Hi -
I'm also running the London Marathon, its good to make contact with a fellow member of The Stampeders!I also reached my half century in November, and have pledged to do both The London and New York Marathons - must be mad!!

Cant make the training day next month - I am on holiday unfortunately.

I'm battling to try and raise sponsorship, you may have seen my note.

If it helps in your fundraising, I will donate a week for your sponsorship i.e. if you know anybody that would like to take up the offer, the payment will go to your "just giving" site. I know how tough it is to get sponsorship, although you look to be doing well!!

Good Luck, and maybe speak to you soon!
Cheers
Steve