2 years into caring getting weary!

Dianne68

Apr 6, 2020
Thought I could manage it all alone but I need people to talk to that understand what im going through!

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
Hello @Dianne68, caring for someone with dementia is difficult to manage on your own.

Tell us what you're going through, someone will have been there before you and will be able to give you advice / point you in a direction where you can go for support.

Don't despair, we can and will help you.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hello @Dianne68 a warm welcome to DTP
Many here will completely understand... now you've found us you're not alone, you're part of a helpful and supportive community
So settle in and post whenever you like with whatever is on your mind

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
Welcome to Dementia Talking Point @Disnne68 - this definitely isn't something to go through alone and I am glad you have found us.

The support I received here is what got me through the years of caring for my husband - and that same support is here for you - and all those who who find their way here.

Philbo

Feb 28, 2017
Kent
Thought I could manage it all alone but I need people to talk to that understand what im going through!

Hello and welcome

When you feel able, maybe you could share a bit about your situation and what issues you most need to talk about?
We are a friendly bunch with a wealth of experience of dealing with (or not, so much) what most of us refer to as "the dementia journey".

Many of us came to TP after feeling exactly like you - that we could no longer cope by ourselves. Personally, I could not have got through these last 6+ years without the support of this forum (and I've been through the whole journey).

Hope to hear more from you very soon.

Best wishes
Phil

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
I looked after my mum for 2 very difficult years without any help, then went through having to move her between three different care homes and all that entails. I wish I had talked to people who had been through these things back then. You are in the right place. We all understand!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
hiya i have looked after my husband for just over a year and he only has it mild at the moment i also worked in a care home with dementia for 9 years. im looking after him on my own especially now with added bonus of covid-9 and him shielded as very special { extremely vulnerable}i have found the forum a great support and a wealth of information.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kez15