1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

2 steps down the road !!

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by tuffydawn, Sep 14, 2015.

1. tuffydawn

tuffydawn Registered User

Mar 30, 2015
    sunday my oh could not remember how to do a paperwork work job he has done every week for last twenty years and then today could not remember my middle name feel a little sad:(

2. truth24

truth24 Registered User

Oct 13, 2013
    North Somerset
    So sorry, tuffy. It is so sad. Feel for you.

3. esmeralda

esmeralda Registered User

Nov 27, 2014
    Devon
    A lot of the time I try to stay in the moment, and perhaps this could be looked at as a form of denial. Then I realise there has been a change, and yes, it does make you sad. Hope there are still lots of positive days ahead for you and your oh tuffy.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4. Trisha4

Trisha4 Registered User

Jan 16, 2014
    Yorkshire
    I know exactly what you are saying. It is so sad when oh can't do something he has always done. We just have to keep looking at what can still be done but it isn't easy. Thoughts and hugs with you x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

5. stanleypj

stanleypj Registered User

Dec 8, 2011
    North West
    But though he will eventually forget these things permanently, that may not have happened yet - you might find that next time they crop up he will remember.

6. Chuggalug

Chuggalug Registered User

Mar 24, 2014
    Norfolk
    Really feel for you, Tuffy. I read about things happening to others spouses. When some of those things happened to my husband for the first time, it was frightening until I got used to it. Sadly, you do get used to it. It's one of those sad things which crop up.

I'm that sorry, xxx