12 months on

linda.h

Jan 24, 2005
dukinfield
hi every one
its a while since i have been on talking point. My very dear husband passed away twelve months ago He had early onset lewy body dementia. It is taking a long time to recover my own sanity back but i am getting there. To all you very brave and courages people who are still caring for someone I APPLAUD you all as i know what a harrowing journy it is. The journy for me seemed at the time to just be about losing, apart from losing my Norman piece by heart breaking piece, I lost a lot of friends and family. But looking back now I know I DID MY BEST and that is all any of us can do. When this awful roll is thrust upon us, we have no traing,
most of us barley know what demtia entails. So take heart dear people lean on each other cry when you need to and don,t let this dreadful illness take you too, look after your OWN health
Twelve months on,the family and friends that have stood by me are the people worth having and i thank them dearly If i can help any one in any way from my own experiance i am here.
Thinking off you all love linda.h

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Linda.

Thank you for posting. It`s good to know that following a harrowing journey, you are slowly getting your life back together following the death of your husband.

Please remember that talking Point will always be here for you.

Take care xx

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Hello Linda

don,t let this dreadful illness take you too, look after your OWN health

I think you saying this is a big help and something that should be said again and again. I am fairly new to all this, my husband has a fronto temperal lobe dementia and somehow right from the start I knew it was most important to look after myself as best as I could. Of course I struggle with this notion because it seems very open for mis-interpretation (selfish) but I still believe that the better I look after myself, the better able I am to look after Alan. Mind you I am very aware that these are early days but I am intending to keep doing this for as long as I can. Joining Talking Point was a large step in looking after myself and it really does help.

Thank you for sharing with us and I am glad to hear that you are now able to pick yourself up, dust yourself down, and start living again with the friends that have stayed faithful.

Love Helen

linda.h

Jan 24, 2005
dukinfield
hi silvia and helen
thanyou for your kind responses,
I know that doctors motto is FIRST DO NO HARM
And i stongley believe the Alzheimer Society's motto for carers should be

FIRST LOOK AFTER YOURSELF
My thoughts are with you ,Take care love linda xxxxx