111 Absolutely flipping useless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
This is a rant. On my other thread I was explaining how mum is refusing medical attention despite showing signs of what could possibly be another heart attack, not sure but signs are bad.

I'm waiting for the GP to call. In the meantime I call this wonderful new 111. (NHS Direct always helped me).

They refused to help me unless I was with the patient. I explained patient has dementia, will get angry if I call when she's there as she doesn't want medical help, but I need to know how serious it is.

She just said she can't take my word and do a medical assessment on my say so if I am not with Mum and to dial 999.

They are every single bit as flipping useless and the media portray them to be. The old NHS Direct were brilliant, they'd advised me loads of times with and without mum.

The politicians who thought this would be a good idea are a shower of something found in pats on cow fields.

Rant over you can come out now.

juniepoonie

Jun 11, 2013
essex
no help there then! how on earth do they expect someone with dementia to explain there problem! that's beyond stupid. call doc again noorza. juniepoonie

meme

Aug 29, 2011
London
that's odd I called 111 on a bank holiday for my mum..and got a gp sent to her..they are bad though

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
no help there then! how on earth do they expect someone with dementia to explain there problem! that's beyond stupid. call doc again noorza. juniepoonie

They told me to dial 999 if I was worried. So the old NHS Direct would help me by phone, the government put in 111 to save money, NHS might have solved it with a call costing what £10-£20 to staff per call, but 111 advice is to get an ambulance at a cost of what? £500-£600 a throw?

And this is money saving how? No wonder A&E waiting times have never been longer.

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
that's odd I called 111 on a bank holiday for my mum..and got a gp sent to her..they are bad though

Mum is refusing treatment Meme this is the sticking point. But when she did that with NHS direct they'd still tell me how urgent it was so I'd know what to do. When her hands and feet went blue she didn't want to go in but NHS Direct talked to me while she was at Mass, told me she needed an ambulance immediately and I was a bit, OK well a lot sneaky that time.

The priests say goodbye to the churchgoers after Mass, I picked mum up and before she came out told one of the Priests that I needed their help to persuade Mum to get seen by the ambulance crew. Once the priest says it, mum will do it and not question or argue with them. The Priest made her promise that she would get checked over for him, so it happened that time.

I don't need NHS Direct, I need a Priest. Now where do I find one on a Friday.:eek:

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Oh dear I've done a naughty without realising it. I've just gone on to the NHS 111 website, searched the dementia page and guess what headline post comes up first in an Alzheimers Talking point box.

Yes this one calling them useless on their own site.

I had no idea our posts pop up elsewhere.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Google caches most things and only needs a few meta tags.

Have a look at:-
http://bit.ly/18gQpro link to interesting Google search.

The interesting entry will slowly vanish and need a different search to locate it.

You can even view posts deleted by mods using Google if you know how to!!!

Last edited:

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
Ha ha...how would you find the bit the just got chopped off your post Nitram? :D

Oh no...it's the post above.....so.....
how do you find deleted posts? :)

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"...how do you find deleted posts?.."

If I told you TP towers would insist I killed you and you don't want that do you?

DYOR on Google searches.

Last edited:

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
This is what I don't like about the internet. When my daughter and grand daughter died they made headlines on TV and the papers, and again at the inquest. This is still available on the internet, along with photographs etc. I used to torture myself by going back reading all the whacky ones too but have been very disciplined for a while

Jeannette

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
If nobody goes back reading them they will slowly vanish from a straight forward search, by viewing them you were increasing or maintaining their popularity.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
This is what I don't like about the internet. When my daughter and grand daughter died they made headlines on TV and the papers, and again at the inquest. This is still available on the internet, along with photographs etc. I used to torture myself by going back reading all the whacky ones too but have been very disciplined for a while

Jeannette

That must have been absolute torture for you Jeannette - however, I can totally understand the urge to do it. I'm glad you're managing to overcome it now xxx