Tears Falling

Jul 8, 2013
No going back...... I have just signed up to do the women's 10k running event at the end of August.

It's in the park that I usually run in, the same place I go for Parkrun on a Saturday so it's nice and familiar.

Am hoping that the weather will be favourable and that I get round in one piece. Am still to decide whether I will try and raise funds for Alzheimer's society or Alz Scotland. I have completed 10k once in my training so I know I can do it.

Am a tad nervous as I am attending on my own but it will be good me thinks.....I hope.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Great. Good luck
Wh n you have decided which one do let us know on here in case some of us would like to donate

Tears Falling

Jul 8, 2013
I trundled round again today in the pouring rain. No point avoiding running in the rain as i expect it will do so on the day.

I still haven't decided on which option for fundraising and so may set up just giving on both.

marathon. No. My knees get quite sore doing this distance. That may improve I guess over time ..... never say never.

Tears Falling

Jul 8, 2013
I decide to set up a page for both charities. It's on Virgin money giving and I have split any donations received between them.

Am I allowed to post the link on the forum?

I was working in the park today. It was possibly the first day of summer in Scotland. Almost clear blue skies, sun, warmth, families and ice cream vans dotted around the park. Lovely. Just in time as the little people have started back to school in some parts today. :D

Tears Falling

Jul 8, 2013
My running top arrived from Alzheimer's Scotland this weekend. It's more like a running dress to be honest. I am virtually set and have been receiving some donations from family and friends. The link to my page is below if you wanted to have a look.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/BCandy

Will post after the event to tell you how it went. Oh not long now

Tears Falling

Jul 8, 2013
Was volunteering at Parkrun this morning and the course was being laid out for tomorrow. Really enjotpyed seeing Parkrun from a different perspective and clapping everyone round past my post. Had some high fives and thumbs up and lots of good mornings and thank you. I always thank the volunteers whe I run and will make sure I do tomorrow. One of the other volunteers is also running tomorrow which is nice.

Am a little apprehensive but I have trained and have done the distance in practice, Going to take it steady round and not rush or panic. It makes no difference where i finish as this my first attempt and so either way will have a new personal best over the 10k distance.

Weather looks ok and I am heading out at about 8am ish to get there, have time to walk about and get nice and warm and flexi and nip to the loo at least 10 times no doubt.

Update to follow. :)

Tears Falling

Jul 8, 2013
Well I did it. 1 hr 09 mins and 39 secs. Ran initially behind the 70 minute pacer and then infront. She ran with me for about 1km and said unless I slowed she wouldn't pass me but thought I should be able to finish in under 70 minutes with how I was running and said to put an extra effort at the 200m mark to get as a good a time as possible. Definitely Followed her advice. My neighbours met me at the finish line and we went for lunch after.

Really pleased with how I did today. :)

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Congratulations TF, and great time too.

I'm still contemplating whether to mow the lawn let alone run all that way!! x

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Well I did it. 1 hr 09 mins and 39 secs. Ran initially behind the 70 minute pacer and then infront. She ran with me for about 1km and said unless I slowed she wouldn't pass me but thought I should be able to finish in under 70 minutes with how I was running and said to put an extra effort at the 200m mark to get as a good a time as possible. Definitely Followed her advice. My neighbours met me at the finish line and we went for lunch after.

Really pleased with how I did today. :)

That's great TF :D Really pleased you did it, and in such a great time :D

xx