??

Buddhawicca

Oct 21, 2021
Stubbington
Hiya, I’m Suze and I have early onset Alzheimer’s (I’m now 59 but this has been going on about 5 years or so). I’m happy to have found this group as I am also virtually housebound with chronic back pain since i was 33) amongst other physical things so, although I love my own company and do arty stuff to amuse myself, I have not got many people to talk to.

Julie, my cleaner is the most regular visitor who I have conversations with and we both love that, but my husband doesn’t talk at all, though he occasionally grunts when i ask for him to do something and my daughter talks at me rather than with me. Because of my physical disabilities most of my friends have ‘dropped off’ as it’s hard to keep relationships going when you can’t go out or even sit for long (I have a day bed in my lounge).

I’m an upbeat person ~ I’m happy as long as I can look after my rat(s) and do arty stuff. Im very into animals both tame and wild and nature in general. I’m Buddhist ish With pagan tendencies hence the username, perhaps in contradiction i love rap and grime music with occasional house music when i need the speed ramped up?Well that’s enough about me, tell me about yourselves.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome to Dementia Talking Point @Buddhawicca

I`m sorry I don`t share your love of animals, but I do admire your upbeat attitude and hope you get the support you need from this community.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
hello @Buddhawicca, my husband has vascular dementia. im his carer and ive also virtually housebound with a chronic pain condition in my back and down my leg. i do have a mobility scooter that i go out couple times a week but still hurts. friends do drop off but i do have a son and daughter that help that are local. i like animals but not particularly rats. my youngest son had a rat. we have only a cat and budgie now.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Buddhawicca
a warm welcome to DTP
it sounds tough for you being pretty much housebound, though you seem so able to make life good for yourself
I love looking out through windows, wherever I am, just watching the birds, the clouds and how the trees move in the wind ... and there have been some pretty amazing moons too
I don't have pets, but there is a fox who's regularly around at night ... once it sunned itself for hours in a sheltered corner of my garden

for someone to chat with, might you contact AgeUK and look into their befriending service, this link takes you to their website

now you've joined us here, do keep posting with anything that comes to mind ...it helps to share

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Welcome from me too @Buddhawicca

My daughter keeps rats - we currently have 10, all boys, rather smellyand high maintenance but lovely friendly little creatures. We also have 4 house rabbits who are much more standoffish than the rats and 8 chickens at the bottom of the garden who make me smile when I watch them. The chickens will wander into the house and one of them comes and sits next to me on the sofa if I let her!

Not one of these pets is mine ? but they all seem to think I’m their mother!

We have squirrels in the garden - yesterday one of the little blighters took all of my pegs off the clothes line and threw them all over the garden…

Buddhawicca

Oct 21, 2021
Stubbington
That sounds like my idea of heaven ? I’ve always had a house full of animals in previous times but have gradually had to reduce to just rats, though I can only manage 2 at a time. They live on my day bed with me. I used to keep them years ago but got sad at their short lives, so now they’re perfect. Each time they die I think have I got another 2 years in me. I also homed rescue ones which I will go back to when Im not sure of the two year milestone.