“The loneliness and Utter Isolation within Dementia”

LadyD

Aug 20, 2015
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
My dad has AD

I want to respond but no words come - I am so moved by your blog. My dad was diagnosed last November at the age of 63. I am at times so raw with the emotion of it all. But to glimpse (through reading what you've put) a little of what my dad is going through is heartbreaking. Thank you for helping me see a little of the journey dad is on. We are all on this journey and I wish we wasnt. I wish I could get us off this rollercoaster.....

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Thank you for your kind words LadyD and sorry to read that your Dad is also on this same journey, and yes it is an extremely terrible roller-coaster ride for us all ;);) But there is still life after diagnoses BUT we must fight for it every day
Best wishes
Barry ;)

LadyD

Aug 20, 2015
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Thank you for your kind words LadyD and sorry to read that your Dad is also on this same journey, and yes it is an extremely terrible roller-coaster ride for us all ;);) But there is still life after diagnoses BUT we must fight for it every day
Best wishes
Barry ;)

Thank you. Yes it is still early days for us. And so often I lookat dad and wish I could have the man back that I had ten years ago. But I know that this will never be. So we are learning and journeying together. The one thing this last year has taught me is that family and time are precious and to make every moment count. I hope that today is a good day for you. :)

Julia B

Apr 13, 2015
Barry, how lovely you are, and thank you for telling us so clearly how our loved ones feel too, I'm so sorry you feel that way, just know you have touched so many hearts today, and helped me care better for my MiL , I will see her lost moments, and try better, and think of your words, and of you and your family x

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Thank you. Yes it is still early days for us. And so often I lookat dad and wish I could have the man back that I had ten years ago. But I know that this will never be. So we are learning and journeying together. The one thing this last year has taught me is that family and time are precious and to make every moment count. I hope that today is a good day for you. :)

Thank you (LadyD) You are so right everyday becomes far more precious to us, we must live for the day and not dwell on what's happening or what's passed we must look forwards with a positive attitude and an immense amount of "HOPE" since if we maintain Hope then we maintain FIGHT!

Best wishes;)
Barry

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Barry, how lovely you are, and thank you for telling us so clearly how our loved ones feel too, I'm so sorry you feel that way, just know you have touched so many hearts today, and helped me care better for my MiL , I will see her lost moments, and try better, and think of your words, and of you and your family x

Many thanks for your kind words (Julia B) ;)