Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Casbow's Diary.

So sorry to hear about your dog, always cried buckets when we have had to do the right thing with our pets.

Dau was 3 when our first dog passed away, and I told her she had become a star in the sky, so she cried when she saw the stars for a while.

Our pets are so much part of our lives and mean so much to us. Sending some hugs. Crying is good.

Quote Originally Posted by margherita View Post
    It was so generous of you to adopt little Pip.
    You gave her love and a home and I'm sure she gave you back all she received.
    I understand what you feel and how you feel.
    I' m not good at expressing my emotions in English, but I'm writing and crying..
    Thank you. Its nearly 10.30 and i am still crying. I just wish that I had had her for a bit longer. David was not the same today either. He was crying when I got there. And seemed to know who I am. I was quite shocked that visiting him at 12.00 midday made such a difference. I only went early because i had had Pip put to sleep and I needed to see him. xxx

I think I am losing the plot. Keep forgetting things. But today went to town with a friend. First time out for as long as i can remember when I didn't have to look at my watch. We had a nice time and stopped for lunch after about 2 hours. That was fine until I looked in my purse for something which made me check how much cash I had. As soon as i looked I knew I was short of the amount I thought was in there. In my muddled head I was sure I had taken £50 out of the cash point machine. Except I hadn't taken it out. I had taken my card back and walked away. 2 hours later I realised what I had done. Went back to the bank on the unlikely chance someone was honest and handed it in. But no don't be daft. So nice day with friend spoiled by my muddled brain. Going to see David tomorrow. Luckily I can tell him and he won't understand what I have done. At least I can tell him I am a silly billy. He won't mind.xxx

Volunteer Host
    It's stress, Casbow. It will pass. Locking keys in the car was my specialty, around the time William went to the Nursing Home. Three times in month. Then shortly after he died, I really surpassed myself! I locked the car keys, the SPARE car keys, the house keys and my phone into the car - in the driveway, outside the house! So you needn't feel too silly. It's awful, losing so much money. But just tell yourself " it was just a stress-induced mistake. Nothing to beat myself up about."

Just caught up Casbow and wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about your Pip. No wonder you're all over the place xxx

Quote Originally Posted by LadyA View Post
    It's stress, Casbow. It will pass. Locking keys in the car was my specialty, around the time William went to the Nursing Home. Three times in month. Then shortly after he died, I really surpassed myself! I locked the car keys, the SPARE car keys, the house keys and my phone into the car - in the driveway, outside the house! So you needn't feel too silly. It's awful, losing so much money. But just tell yourself " it was just a stress-induced mistake. Nothing to beat myself up about."
    Oh LadyA you give me hope. I could not believe I had been so daft. The people at the bank made an immediate check behind the scenes so to speak. Apparently the money is only on view for seconds and then goes back into the machine. It is then automatically credited back to your account. One of the things on my mind was to get a bank statement printed out to check something else and on the very last transaction ''a £50 ATM withdrawn''. And although I looked at the statement I never noticed that. Doh. xx

Quote Originally Posted by HillyBilly View Post
    Just caught up Casbow and wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about your Pip. No wonder you're all over the place xxx
    Thank you HillyBilly.x

Forgot to tell you all. David fell in the garden at the home on Monday. Into a rose bush.! Luckily his only injuries are scratches and couple bruises all to his right arm. He has no idea where the scratches all came from of course. Trouble is they will now keep the door to the quadrangle closed so unless someone can take him out there he will not be so free.xxx

Trouble is they will now keep the door to the quadrangle closed so unless someone can take him out there he will not be so free
    That`s a shame Casbow, especially in this weather. Who would have though a rose bush could be a hazard. We learn every day.

Sylvia

Former Carer

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet

About me

Quote Originally Posted by Grannie G View Post
    That`s a shame Casbow, especially in this weather. Who would have though a rose bush could be a hazard. We learn every day.
    I think David is the hazard Grannie G. Nothing is safe when he is around.!!! xx

I went to see David today. It is only the second time I have been there before lunch as he does not get up very easily and they try to bath him everyday so I usually go as lunch is finishing.Both times I have visited before lunch he has been quite different than he is after. He is more unsettled and keeps saying things that I cannot understand and he is obviously distressed about something and keeps saying Oh God ,Oh God and Sorry Sorry. I ask him what is wrong but he doesn't even look at me. I hug him and tell him I love him and all is going to be o.k. This is what he used to be like in the morning here at home and I thought (hoped) that it had stopped. Once he has dinner to take his mind on to something else he is much improved and seems in a better place. Now I am wondering what he is like in the evening. They said he usually will sit in the lounge and watch TV or doze on and off. Trouble is I never see the evening/night staff. I know I could visit and maybe I should. But I don't want to upset things as mostly it seems that he is fine and settled. I miss him so much. If only!!!