Thread: Last Night

Last Night

Last Night............

All i did was put pepper on the wrong meal, thats all !! Elaine doesn't like pepper and politely asked "Why did you do that? not in a bad way or a horrible way, just a question thats all, THIS, is what happened next.......................

BECAUSE I AM STUPID !! THAT`S WHY !! I screamed at the top of my voice !! STUPID STUPID STUPID i kept repeating, I was shaking with temper,(anybody who really knows me will know this is so unlike me) i was ranting and raving over something so simple, just a simple mistake followed by a simple innocent question,

STOP TREATING ME LIKE A CHILD !! I SCREAMED !!
    I HATE IT WHEN people treat me like a child!! HATE IT HATE HATE IT I carried on saying!! (I have no idea where that come either ???)

Then i went into complete and utter meltdown, not saying a word, eating my meal in complete silence, which i had now swapped with Elaine after slamming the two plates down on the table so hard its a wonder there was any food left on them to eat.

Shortly after, my Elaine, MY DARLING ANGEL asked me to sit with her on the settee for a much needed cuddle, and believe me we needed it, she had managed the situation perfectly by not responding, but nobody on this earth would have blamed her if she had reacted differently, as nobody should if this ever happens to them.

Please dont blame yourselves if you get mad as carers / caregivers, YOU ARE HUMAN !! I have no words for how much i despise this disease, i have said them all, i know acting like this is not the real me, but i sometimes wonder these days, WHO IS the real me ???

THANK GOODNESS YOU CARERS /CAREGIVERS ARE THERE TO PICK UP THE PIECES !!

Please share if this helps

Norrms , always promising to share everything with you, warts and all. xxxxxxxxxxxx
    What do you mean i have Alzheimer`s? IVE BEEN DIETING FOR GODS SAKE !!

Volunteer Host
    Normms, your posts, as always, are so very helpful to others on here. And thank you - and Elaine - on behalf of everyone on TP for sharing your journey so openly others. It can't be easy. Big hugs to you both, and a cyber bouquet for Elaine. xx

I know how you feel Norm, this bloomin disease drives me to do stupid things too out of frustration. Well done Elaine for being kind, patient and understanding. Hope you both have a quiet night tonight.
    Love is not a victory march, it's a cold and its a broken Hallelujah.

Stay young with your rock and rollin', All the best things in life are free

Hi Norms. Thank you. I lose it occasionally and hate myself for getting annoyed and irritated with my lovely, kind, gentle, husband who is going through this vile disease, he is probably scared and confused. Best wishes and hugs to you and Elaine xx

Thank you allxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Norms - I identify with your post. I sometimes lose the gist of the conversation and end up coming to the wrong the wrong conclusion. I get very upset and make my feelings very much clear. I often or not go into an angry sulk which upsets the people I love most. When people sit me down and let me know the true meaning of the conversation I feel so guilty about my overreactions and find it difficult to come to terms with.

This is such a cruel disease not only for ourselves but to others around us. I have no answers other than the hope that my carers can forgive and try to understand that beneath these tantrums lies the person whom they fell in love with.

Thank you

Thank you