Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The latest on trying too change how we get more individual time for each of us!
    Well! It's been an interesting day[emoji847] opened curtains this morning too a sunny day decided to have a go at going round the block, walking from my wheelchair.
    Was so nice out decided will go too the market, got to the (ten foot) we normally avoid them! Got just past the footpath leading to the next street when a man seemed to appear from nowhere, he realise I was frightened and said, it's ok lady I no hurt you, want too help! Bless him, he pushed me in wheelchair down ten foot! Not much English east European[emoji7] then needed to cross road and a youth asked if I needed help, and pushed me across. Got over another crossing and then could freewheel into town and went round food hall.
    Did realise that I would not be able to get home under my own steam! Then Joy text me and came to get me, we enjoyed a look round and a couple of stops for lattes sat in the sun, was surprisingly warm. Lesson learned, I may not be so lucky another time as to who I bump into!! So we agreed that some days Joy would see me into town and then collect me when I had had enough, giving both of us some space[emoji846][emoji846]
    I do realise that I was very lucky that nice people helped me, but could have been so different!!!

A ten foot round here is the access to garages behind the houses, wide enough for cars to pass, but often very quiet![emoji848][emoji846]

Summing up. It was not a wasted effort on my part or Joys!
    We have talked more!

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

You call it a ten foot. Not sure if we had a name for that kind of area, but when children we were always told not to take the short cut through a similar area.

Jeanie, so glad everything worked out, particularly that you and Joy talked more as a direct result. And yes, cheers to the fact that there are still good people around who will help out en route, out of nowhere.

We're all muddling along/through. Dementia isn't the only cause for miscommunication. But it needs to be noted that, here, it was a catalyst for better communication, seems that's down to you and Joy.

Love reading your posts. X

Thanks [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji1319]

Another week further on, still working things out, but improving[emoji106]

It's been a quiet week and almost head pain free, had two really good days,so good you start to think 'they made a mistake'.
    Joy and myself are learning on the job, so too speak, but we are making progress. joys new meds are helping and I tried out using my wheelchair indoors and it means I can actually do more and achieve more,doors are just wide enough so I can get into both the kitchen and living room.
    I stopped trying to do things because I was so unsteady on my feet, plus Joy worried I might fall also I had scalded myself twice trying to make myself a cup of tea. We have a different kettle now so checked there was enough water in it to make a cuppa, but not to much to make it heavy and made a lovely one. It's ridiculous really, but had a real sense of achievement.
    I have also ordered well Joy did, I still get confused by any kind of forms or ordering, a new disability buggy! One that can be taken apart if needed, much smaller than the ones I had before, but then so am i[emoji3] I have had to use one for the last 12yrs or so.
    Moved here as it was close too town one way and country side the other, also an area I knew,but soon realised I could not make it into town walking and spent most of my time sat on a bench if I did!
    Joy is happy for me having it and no short cuts only the way I definitely know! I maybe won't use it that often, but it knowing that I can that matters!!!
    Have to admit that I was so scared and felt so vulnerable when I tried using my wheelchair to get too town, I had bad dreams for a while, was that man really going to help me! I really don't know! I was very lucky he did!
    No doubts there will be other trials too face, but for now we are both much happier[emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]
    PS Olly hitches a lift on my wheelchair soon worked out if he went up his steps he could climb on my knee[emoji23][emoji847]
    PPS Olly is my little dachshund xxx

Well done Olly!