Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've spent the day fantasising about going back to work, even if just part time. I'm self employed and could do a large portion working from home. I just don't know how easy it would be to find a dementia carer who is also a toddler carer! Has anyone ever heard of anyone with this sort of arrangement and has it worked? Babies and dementia don't usually go hand in hand but they do for me!

Thank-you so much for the hugs and support. I am feeling rather more capable of getting out of my pit today, thank-you.

I think it's outrageous that carers allowance is means tested. Totally outrageous, especially considering a full time carer could probably only muster part time work. Working as well as caring makes you even more in need of some support, but it seems there is no recognition whatsoever for those trying care and work!

Carers Allowance is not strictly speaking means tested - you can have savings and you can have other income, just not much in the way of earnings (less than £110 a week). I agree, though - its pretty derisory.
    Learning to sing in a cage