Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks all. I've just spent two hours doing the form and I'm exhausted 😔

I'll send it off and hope for the best and if it's refused I'll get in touch with dementia support.

Thanks again for the help!

Dawn

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Quote Originally Posted by DAL View Post
    Thanks all. I've just spent two hours doing the form and I'm exhausted 😔

I'll send it off and hope for the best and if it's refused I'll get in touch with dementia support.

Thanks again for the help!

Dawn

If you get a chance before posting it try and take a copy to keep for your records. Then if things change in the future and you find you are giving more assistance , you can easily tell what you said last time.

I claimed AA for at least a couple of years for dad before he needed any personal care. I found once he was needing more personal care and night time supervision, it was worth claiming the higher rate. That is when having a copy of the original can be useful.
    Also useful if your claim is declined and you need help to appeal against it.

Just to update this post, Dad was awarded the lower level AA, starting in a few weeks. Since then I've been in touch with the council and local benefits office because his AA award helped to exempt him from council tax and gave him an increase in HB.

Thanks for the advice and support!

Dawn

Excellent, well done you!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" -John Lennon ('Beautiful Boy')

I completed the forms myself and my husband was awarded AA. I then contacted them when things got harder and his allowance was changed to the higher amount. I agree with what others have said. Although my husband could physically dress himself when I first applied I had to give him the appropriate clothes, remove dirty ones etc. So that isn't being able to dress himself. Think in terms of could he do these things if you weren't there at all. Hope that helps and good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point