Page 227 of 322 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 4830
    Volunteer Host
    Big hugs to you, Harry's Daughter. You have had a rough time! Definitely, give yourself time under a blankie for a while - can only do you good!
    Sorry to hear your dad's in hospital again Worrier.
    And Lavender - hugs to you too!
    As you say, you and the ward won't be saying goodbye yet awhile, it seems!

Oh my. I don't really know where to begin or what to say.
    Can I just suggest a big group hug right now?

Quote Originally Posted by HillyBilly View Post
    Oh my. I don't really know where to begin or what to say.
    Can I just suggest a big group hug right now?
    What a good idea xx

Morning everyone. Yes I totally agree we need a massive group hug.

Worrier I hope things were sorted with your dad last night and that you got to the bottom of the nurse's concerns.

Called the ward. Mum has had a quiet night after yesterday's shenanigans, but got up angry this morning and was hitting out again. It seems she has now calmed. Staff cannot fathom what the trigger is. Maybe there isn't one. Maybe this is just mum now and the external environment matters less that the dark messages her brain gives her.

Mum has frequently spoken to me about smashing people's heads in and throttling people. I've told staff who haven't shown the slightest bit of concern. After yesterday I hope they will give more credence to my feeling that violent thoughts can easily turn to violent actions.

Sending hugs to you all, I'm reading and following again. Lavender, Worrier, rosy, marnie...., what can I say, you're all dealing with *such* difficult stuff.

I'll join in the group hug if I may.

Harrys d. Go gentlybon yourself, lovely to hear from you again.

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L01 using Talking Point mobile app

You are automatically part of the group hug Molly. Hope today is ok, I'm guessing your emotions are all over the place.

You be gentle on yourself too, it's very early days as yet. Xxxx

Thanks Lavender. Yes, I could be classed as having multiple personalties these days. Luckily, I'm in my own company for most of them.

Really hope you get some peace of mind on your mum's circumstances soon -- and your poor mum too. It makes for distressing reading, how you are keeping going is a marvel. X

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L01 using Talking Point mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Harrys daughter View Post
    We are listing marine xxx

Hello everyone and thankyou for always thinking of me im gonna 1st say everyone iv been reading and keeping up

Im sorry this is gonna be a long one so feel free to skip by if you want
    I have been unable to coment as I found myself spiralling into a big black hole my grief was consuming me then in January (My birthday 27th) my beautiful little baby Devon rex seth was diagnosed with a terminal illness we went through February trying to give him a chance of a little extra time sadly I lost seth on 5th of March just 3 days b4 what would of been my dad's 90th birthday a day he was so looking forward to my dad not Seth
    Also during this heart breaking time my sister went for a routeen blood test then got a phone call from gp to get straight to hospital as she had kidney failure and her diabetes is out of control my sister hasn't felt great 4 quite some time but as we all do as carers her health was put on the back burner while caring and now she was very ill on top of this she had been treated 4 a ulser on her toe very dangerous when a diabetic cut a long story short she was very ill but had good care and after 13days came home now on insulin injections weekly blood test and 3months antibiotics as the infection in her toe has entered the bone and she my yet loose her toe or foot
    In February this all became to much for me so I left the job but thay wanted a wks notice of which I realy could of done without doing as I was back and forwards to my sister in hospital and trying to get quality time with Seth I left the job on the Friday my sister came out of hospital that day and my beautiful Seth died on the Sunday afternoon

My family have and are worried about me as I just don't want to do or go anywhere I want to hide under a blanket but im not allowed to then worrier I was in London to see phantom of the opera and stopped 2night in Windsor hotel I wondered on the tube if maybe you were sitting near me and I didn't know or maybe walked past you in London who knows...it was a good breakaway with my poor neglected husband but once home I wanted to hide away again then last wk it was our 40th wedding anniversary and we had booked a wk in branscombe a stay 4 seven days in a cabin directly on the beachiv pics if you wanna see ! We booked this when my dad was still with us but I wasn't happy going away 4 a wk and leaving him (although my 2 sister's and daughter were very capable of caring 4 him) as my dad was not here anymore strangely it made it a different experience it was the 1st wks holiday we have had since 1997 !!!!! We took lalaa our 14 yr old rescue Siamese...seth was boojed in to go aswell but sadly he didnt make it there But yet again I longed for my home and a blanket to hide under
    We got home good Friday then bh monday at 6am me and my sister jumped into the car and I drove for 8hrs to surprise our other sister in Scotland and here I am !!!! Sitting watching the birdys and red squirrels while everyone went out the surprise was amazing and we go home tomorrow at 6am where my husband lalaa and blanket will be waiting
    Dementia is a terrable thing to live with its took it's toll on us all and now we have the grief to deal with im often finding myself asking whats the point of all this but then that's the black hole in stuck in atm

Sorry this has been a miserable long moan I will post photos if you want to make it more cheerful
    Once even ALL you wonderful folks out there MANY MANY thanks for your never ending care xxx
    Zena
    [emoji33] [emoji7] [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Talking Point mobile app
    Good to hear from you HD but so sorry to hear you're struggling so much, and so much sad news around you. My mum is 91 in just under three weeks and I frequently now wonder if she'll make it to the next milestone. I'm sorry to hear your sister is so unwell too. I think what you're experiencing is normal grief, it's so very, very hard to lose someone. I'm sure dementia makes it harder though I'm sure the good memories will eventually come to the fore and blot out the dementia memories a little. I do hope so, anyway. Death/loss are hard enough to deal with without the dementia experience layering on more pain. I hope you had a restful stay in Scotland. I think you're allowed to hide under a blanket at the moment - blankets are a comfort! I'm wishing you all the best. Do keep posting and yes, do share your pics with us.

Quote Originally Posted by WORRIER123 View Post
    Dad went to a&e yesterday now kept in
    Over cautious nurse visiting to dress a sore on the knee we all think
    So another saga begins as scans X-rays all clear x
    Oh Worrier, not again. Those hospital visits are so tiring. I didn't know if I was coming or going when mum was in hospital - I felt like one of those hamsters on a wheel - and I wasn't working at the time! Would you consider him going into a home for a respite stay from there? Are there any suitable ones near you? I hope he's at least well looked after while in hospital. Do you think you need to reconsider and maybe look at homes, or are you 'happy' to carry on at home for a bit longer? I feel so sorry for you and your dad, with all those falls.

Lavender - is your mum on any meds for the agitation and aggression, or does the ward prefer to manage things without medication? I know they have to be used 'sparingly', but you'd think they would try something to give her some peace - or maybe they have done already? Lorazepam used to work for my mum, but the last time I tried it at home it made her more agitated.

I was pleased to get out of the house for a few hours today to go back to work. I think mum had forgotten about the carer so was a bit withdrawn with her today (I think she pretended to be asleep for the whole time!). Yet again, she didn't eat, drink or go to the toilet with her. I'm beginning to ease off a little with my worries on that front - if the illness is doing that to her, then how can I possibly find any solutions for it? She eats and drinks (and wees!) well before I leave for work and when I get back so that will have to do for now.

Might take a drive out somewhere with mum tomorrow and then on Sunday, all being well, I have a day out as the carer is with mum all day. I'm looking forward to some fresh air and exercise.

Did I miss the group hug?!

Don't forget me in the group hug too Hope today as been easy on you all.
    I have had a disaster of a day.
    Picked my Grandchildren up, went shopping as they are staying tonight. Came home one of them asked if I would put the ariel in the TV which fell out, it is in the bedroom on the wall.
    I stood on a cabinet to reach and it couldn't hold my weight fell through it and smashed it, as I fell dragged the TV and it came of the wall making big holes and plaster everywhere. Got a massive lump and bruise on my leg and cut my arm.
    Finally got the holes filled up and painted over, but need a new cabinet. If that doesn't make me diet I don't know what will.
    Pjs on now and feet up. Have a lovely weekend.
    Hope all is well with your Dad Worrier. Lavender have a relaxing weekend, Rosy, Marnie, hillybilly, Harryd you too x
    Molly Hugs xx

Oh JP, what on earth are you doing climbing around on furniture! You could have broken more than the cabinet (says she who was balancing on the edge of a kitchen surface to cut the power to the oven, so that I could change the bulb!). Hope you haven't hurt yourself too badly. Did the TV survive? Don't do any more acrobatics over the weekend.

Yep Marnie the TV survived
    Just a lump and bruise on my leg that's all. I still think I am a spring chicken at times and nothing is beyond me, starting to realise my limitations.
    You be careful too. Night all xxx

Just reading all your posts
    Well what a bloomin week. So after an idiot doctor in a&e insisting dad answered questions then turns to me and says why can't he answer 🥊
    He's moved to AAU Ward Wed, spent the day there then last night moved to the ward next to the one he was in last month. I got there 7am and by 3pm nobody had a clue why he was there. Meanwhile he's been in a bed 3 days so stiffened up completely and slept from 8am till I left at 5pm
    Finally 3.30pm consultant said he really doesn't need to be here it's just a cut knee YES i said that Wednesday. But unless physios could move him aided by 2 he can't be discharged today. Well he's soundo so they gave up.
    So back to lack of speech confuses ans mobility bad because of stupid panic nurse calling a blue rapid response ambulance
    😬😭

Volunteer Host
    You couldn't make it up, could you, Worrier?!