Page 298 of 298 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298
Results 4,456 to 4,461 of 4461
    Oh dear...fingers crossed for a good outcome for you both.

Hang in there it may come good. X

Lavender - no idea where the Wirral home is, but I assume you've looked into the tunnel buses as well in terms of getting there?

I know that some bits of the Wirral that are awkward to get to from Liverpool are well served by buses, but not all (eg when I used to visit friends in Heswall I could get the bus from town after work, whereas the train was useless).

Can't say I really know what goes where as I live very close to the Chester train line and bus travel makes me queasy so I avoid if possible, daughter was using the bus to get back from Liverpool when the loop line was closed, and it took ages, partly ast teh bus sat at Ellesmere Port bus station for 15 minutes.

I suspect it wouldn't save you loads of travelling time but just a thought - hope that one of the nearer homes works out in reality.

Lavender, how awful. You are right though, itvwould be utter madness to bring your mum home. Write that on a postlet and stick it to a mirror at eye level at home.

I hope the staff where your mum currently lives keep fighting to get her moved up the list. 20 miles travelling for you is such an added burden and it's understandable that it's just too much to consider right now.

It is good news re the one month extension, a small, tiny reprieve in the midst of the headwreck and disappointment.

Thinking of you, hug x

Do you think it would be time to start looking at legal advice Lavender? I think I would make an appointment with Citizens Advice to see if there are Regulations you could start putting to the Trust responsible for your mum's care; they really don't like having their rules quoted back to them by an interloper who has knowledge of what they should be doing ( I know from experience with educational departments that when I started reciting paragraphs & sections from bits of the Children's Act, they soon left us alone )
    There must be similar legislation for Care of the Elderly or some such time to investigate... *grabs deerstalker & microscope to channel Sherlock Holmes, & borrows a bloodhound to keep me company*

Last edited by Pollytickle; Yesterday at 01:27 PM. Reason: Adding links.

Lavender I'm sure it was a moment of madness when you thought you would be able to take your Mum home.
    Remember all those months ago when our Mums seemed to be running parallel on the aggression front.
    Well thankfully my Mum with the help of Trazadone calmed down, unfortunately nothing at all so far has helped calm your Mum.
    I remember only too well that sick feeling in the pit of the stomach when you saw the aggression start to rear it's ugly head and you knew you were in for a few hours of living a nightmare.
    Lavender you can't possibly go back to that situation. Had they managed to get your dear Mum sorted with medication that actually helped her all well and good.
    Your luck has to change soon and if SS can get you back up the list where you belong and now you've got Sherlock Holmes on your case it can only improve PG
    Hope it's been calm today for you both xx