Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586
Results 1,276 to 1,283 of 1283
    Hi HB GOOD to read that your mum's special day went well and seafood n cider sounds just right x

Hi HB

Good to hear you had the chance to do what felt right fir you, saying your private good bye, telling her to behave

The construction worker removing his hat was something we also saw with dad, it's touching & tearful all at once.

Take your time, we all grieve differently, no one way is right
    Quitters never win and winners never quit

Thanks for the update HB. It sounds like the day went well. I hope the good memories will eventually overtake the dementia ones. In fact I wish that for all of us. I've read that that's what happens, and certainly hope it's true.

Good that you have a distraction with visitors. How is FIL? I seem to remember you wrote that there were issues brewing there?

Take care of yourself in the coming days and weeks.

FIL is OK. He's had, we think, 3 TIAs in the last few months. His mobility is a little worse (one leg a bit sluggish) and is on a few meds. More forgetful too.

The lady friend (H) who is here with FIL actually came along because some in the family were worried about him travelling alone. She's a lovely lady - used to work with FIL for years. He was a coach driver (foreign holiday tours) and she was his courier/hostess. They are like a double act.

MIL (who is very much alive and well, working part-time) refused to come (she doesn't speak to or acknowledge me ) and isn't best pleased that H is here with FIL but tough We are determined FIL and H are going to have a good time and FIL is always happier and more relaxed without MIL

So glad everything went well for your Mum and for you too Hillybilly it sounded lovely.
    You be kind to yourself now for the coming days and weeks ahead. xx

HB, so glad the sendoff for your Mum went so well.

I think the distraction of company might be good timing, or at least I hope so.

Please do look after yourself. We are all thinking of you.

Today is the final day of the old folk's stay. We've had super weather and been able to dine outside in the garden most evenings. We had a race meeting on Saturday afternoon/evening so took them along to that and we all went to the Dingle Peninsula on Monday. Yesterday we packed them off on the train to Killarney for the day. I think they have greatly enjoyed themselves and we have had fun too.

I have found time to cover some of the essentials - speaking to Mum's pension providers etc. The GP's Death Notification form arrived this week stating Alzheimer's Dementia as condition leading to death. Tomorrow I'll go to the Registrar to register Mum's death. On Monday we'll go and bring her ashes home.

Glad you've enjoyed your visitors. Make sure you take good care of yourself, you've had so much on your plate you must definitely need a little pampering. X